39 good girl

♦ ♦ ♦

I wake up back in the bed that makes my heart whole. Not shifting from bench to bench, alley to alley. I've missed this bed. I've missed waking up beside Everett, despite how much I thought he didn't want me.

But as my eyes flutter open, his arms are securely around my waist and my back pressed into his chest tightly. He didn't let go of me all night and he's right here as I wake up. I have no idea what the time is but I presume it's late because the sunlight is seeping into the room brightly.

My eyes float down to his large arms that are wrapped around me, so comforting and safe. I push myself back into him, my ass grazing his groin. At first it's unintentional but then I do it again, shutting my eyes once more.

Everett exhales a soft grunt from behind me and squeezes onto my arm. "Angel," I shiver at his sleepy voice. I find my teeth digging into my bottom lip at the sound, so deep and husky and I want him to boss me around. "Careful or I'll start to think you're coming onto me."

I suppress a laugh and bury my head into the pillow further. Of course I want to feel close to him, close how we were when we experimented with things in the bedroom. I've never trusted him with my body more and I want to be vulnerable with him again. It makes my heart full, it makes me feel loved.

When that word floats across my mind, I snap my eyes open. He has always made me feel loved, cherished, cared for. Yet my mind was too naive to realise how he truly felt because no one has ever loved me before.

Every time he wiped away my tears, gave me the best aftercare and kissed me asleep after a bad day. He did that out of love.

I exhale a soft sigh and twist in his embrace, he doesn't move his arms and I don't complain. When my eyes fall upon his face I find myself smiling, I truly missed this view. I raise my hand to brush his cheek gently, running my thumb down his jaw.

"Good morning," he exhales as he examines me.

"Morning," I whisper beneath a smile.

He releases a soft grunt and slides one hand across the back of my hair and down my hair, admiring the action. "I've missed waking up to you."

"Me too," I agree.

Everett leans forward to press a kiss against the arch of my brow, it's so delicate I barely feel it but my whole face heats up. "This bed is so much better with you in it."

I let my cheeks increase with a smile, finally tucking myself under his chin and inhaling his mouth watering scent. Then the radiating heat from his body. He cups the side of my face and holds me tight.

We stay like this for a while. Neither of us say anything, just devouring this beautiful moment. Skin on skin. The sound of our mixed breathing. Thumping hearts. I don't ever want to take this for granted again.