14 bow and arrow

♦ ♦ ♦

♦ ♦ ♦

Agreeing to go for a run after stealing that necklace this morning should help me to become distracted and ignore the overriding feeling of guilt in my chest. I had to tell someone and in a way I'm glad that it was Everett rather than Fran, I don't want to give her any more reasons to not trust me.

I thought Everett might have been annoyed, most people are concerned that I'll get caught and what will happen when I'm dragged into the back room. But he didn't care about that, he cared more about why I felt inclined to steal than the consequences.

There is a dull spark in my brain, he's trying to understand me. I know that but it might get to a point where he can't deal with my criminal acts and irrational gestures. He might get frustrated with my lack of progress and see me for who I truly am.

Nothing but a waste of space. I've been told that countless  times.

Everett walks beside me as we step into the forest at the back of the pack house. He's not bombarding me with questions, he's discussing where we should run and parts of his territory that he wants to show me.

I listen patiently and nod back at him. We both shelter behind trees and shift into our wolves, I haven't felt in tune with mine for a while so every time I transform into her, I feel out of my own skin.

The first run we went on together, I felt severely uncomfortable. My wolf didn't feel right and when Everett attempted to speak to me through mindlink, that confused the hell out of me. How can someone's voice make you feel so safe when you barely know them?

You okay? Everett asks as I find myself staring at the tree.

I step out from behind the branches and pad my paws into the dirt. Yeah.

My eyes attach themselves onto his blue eyes, then I look down at his incredibly soft blonde fur. One that looks so cosy and inviting but I know I shouldn't nuzzle my snout into him, that would be weird and extremely misleading.

Come. Everett's beckons, turning his head. Let's take a slow run.

I nod my head and fall into line beside him. He starts off slow which I appreciate, I'm not the best runner in the world. I'm only good at running away from owners who have caught me stealing at the market. But that's a different kind of energy, right now I'm relaxed and the thought of breaking a sweat for no reason really is not building with me joy.

Like Everett can read my body language, he keeps his pace slow which I'm grateful for.

Stretching my legs and clearing my mind felt pleasurable today, even considering that I have company. But he doesn't ask questions or make me feel out of my comfort zone, we're simply two mates going out for a run.

We weave in and out of trees, over the trickling water from the stream and across rocks. Everett doesn't push me and I don't try and run off this time, attempting to escape his mind in my head.