11 my name

♦ ♦ ♦

♦ ♦ ♦

Later into the evening I get myself ready for bed. Today has been a complete whirlwind and I'm not sure much can fix it other than a good sleep. But my mind still aches with guilt over Lily, she's hurting. Not from what happened today but also from her past and I know nothing about it.

All I want is for her to open up, so I can at least try and help but she doesn't want to talk.

I get it. I really do.

We're all strangers to her. She doesn't trust anyone.

My hands grip my t-shirt by the top and I pull it from my body, throwing it onto my chair full of clothes that need washing. I run a hand over my face and exhale slowly.

The hairs on my arms begin to stand and I fixate on my skin, goosebumps raising. There is a soft tingle inside my heart, my chest and I turn towards the door. I cannot ignore the sudden presence.

Although I cannot hear anything, I certainly can feel it.

For a few moments I pause and wait for the sensation to disperse but it doesn't. It remains and spikes heat across my skin, fingertips vibrating and heart rate increasing.

My brows narrow towards the door and I take two steps towards it, I press my hand to the handle and swing it open. Behind it is Lily, she's standing with her knuckles raised like she was seconds away from knocking or at least thinking about it.

She pulls back her hand instantly and turns away like I never saw her, but I did because she's right in front of my eyes. I watch as she takes a few steps away from my door and down the hall, lowering her gaze completely.

"Wait," I call out for her. She stops but doesn't look back at me. "Did you need something?"

Lily sucks in a breath and relaxes her shoulders. She glances over her shoulder, blonde hair sweeping across her back. I look down at her bare feet as she walks back towards me, hands entwined together in front of her.

"Can I come in?" She asks timidly.

"Of course," I step out of the doorway and invite her in.

Her eyes remain on the floor, she peeks at me slowly and her cheeks burn with a delicate pink. "Could you put a top on, please?"

I glance down at my bare chest and raise my eyebrows. "Yes, sorry."

Once I grab the t-shirt I was wearing a couple of minutes ago, I throw it over my body. Finally she can look at me and there is still evidence of blush on her face, but she looks so incredibly cute.

She looks away from me and takes a quick sweep of my room, some things she studies and others she bypasses. I clear my throat and walk towards the door. "Do you want me to leave the door open?"

"You can shut it," she says.

"Okay," I nod and close the door.

Lily hasn't moved from the spot since she walked in, so I walk past her. Our arms almost brush and my body lights up with fire, then pure desire. My eyes close and I tell myself to calm down.