52 run, i'll catch you

♦ ♦ ♦

AN: Okay this chapter includes a specific kink that some people might not be into but because they're werewolves, I thought it was rather fitting. I hope you enjoy!

I'm woken up to the softest kisses being pressed to my stomach and chest. I groan with a satisfied smile, prying my eyes open to find my mate using those delicious lips to leave me shivering kisses.

Those clear blue eyes peek up at me when she notices I'm awake, and then she flashes me a smirk. "Good morning," she says.

"Good morning, beautiful." I murmur, my throat groggy from sleep. I cup the back of her head with my large hand. "I see you're so busy this early."

Reign continues to smirk. "I guess you could say that."

Then she returns the kisses up my chest, over my collarbones and landing on my lips. I hum with pleasure as she cups the side of my face with her delicate little fingers. "So I've been thinking." She murmurs against me.

"About?" I ask, desperately wanting her attention again.

"You've been training me for almost a month now," she whispers above my lips.

"Yeah," I nod and lace my fingers through her long blonde hair.

Reign hums. "And I want to fight you."

My eyes widen in shock. "What?"

"I want to fight you."

"Reign," I grumble and pull her from me so I can look her dead in the eye. "Do you realise what you're saying?"

She nods and has the cheek to offer me a smile with a glint of fire in her eyes. "I do. I wouldn't ask if I didn't, would I now?"

My brows knit together tightly. "I don't want to hurt you."

I know my strength. I know her strength. Regardless of the fact that she's put on so much muscle since we first started training, she still couldn't compete against someone like me in a fight. I'm almost double her size, even in our wolf forms. I could rip her to shreds.

I drop my finger to curve down the frame of her cheek, studying carefully. I'd kill myself before I ever laid a hand on her like that, even if we're fighting for training. If I hurt her, if I caused any harm to her, I would never forgive myself.

"You won't hurt me," she kisses me gently again. "You'd never hurt me."

"Why do you want to fight me?"

"Because I want to challenge myself. You always say that I should push myself out of my comfort zone and being in my comfort zone for too long can actually be toxic. Well I want to get out of that zone and try something new." She sits up on her knees, her nightgown has ridden up her thighs.