16 angel

♦ ♦ ♦

♦ ♦ ♦

I've slept in Everett's bed every night for the last three nights. At first it felt a little strange but now it's a given. I don't even bother going to my room at night, Everett certainly doesn't mind either.

Even though we don't necessarily talk a lot whilst we're in bed together, he still hugs me close and I listen to his beating heart. It's therapeutic. It reminds me that he wants me in his bed with him, laced to his side.

Sometimes I think I won't be able to move with his death grip but a part of me loves it. Not that I'd ever admit that to him, not yet anyway. I'm still learning the ropes of this 'mate bond', it's got me feeling emotions I had no idea I was even capable of. That is the scariest thing.

I've been lying awake in Everett's bed for the last fifteen minutes. Everett is still fast asleep, he usually is. I always wake up first but I don't mind. My head is resting against his chest, our fingers entwined on top of his stomach.

My eyes glance up at his peaceful sleeping face. Those plump lips are more swollen than usual, I've noticed that he wakes up with puffy lips and a deep, gruff voice that sends shivers down my spine.

Then I look down to the curve of his jaw, sharp and defined. I've never seen anything look so smooth and lethal at the same time. I blink and shake my head, what am I even thinking?

I resist the urge to touch his face with my finger, trace every little detail of that angelic face.

Everett is unbelievably good looking. That is an understatement. At first he intimidated me because he is so attractive, why would someone like him even look in the same direction as me?

My nose puffs out a slow sigh as my lips fall to one side in a stubborn half smile. Then Everett's eyes flutter open, staring me directly in the face. Blood invades my cheeks instantly and I almost pull away but he tightens his grip.

"Were you watching me sleep?"

There it is, that dreamy, deep, sleepy voice that could have girls dropping their panties in a flash of a second.

Oh my God. What is going on in my mind?

I gulp and nod. "Not for long but yes."

Everett's lips switch into a bright smile, flicking strands of hair out of my face and behind my ear. "I like your honesty."

My shoulders raise and drop gently. "You caught me red handed."

He continues to smile, gazing over my face once and then twice. Like the first time wasn't enough and he has to do it all again to make sure that he doesn't miss anything. What he's actually thinking... I don't know.

"Well you can look at me," he says deeply. "Whenever you want."

I'm blushing again and I hate it. "I don't want to wake you in the mornings," I blurt. "I usually wake up before you."