51 nightmares

♦ ♦ ♦

"Why can't chocolate be good for you?" I ask Everett as I break off a piece from the bar.

He laughs loudly. "Not sure but it's always good in moderation."

"What if I want to eat a bar everyday for the rest of my life?"

"I'd advise against it but it's your life, Reign. You can do what you want." He flashes me a knowing smile.

He always tries to be right but incorporates how I would feel. I'd love to eat chocolate everyday but he's right, it's not really what someone should do if they're trying to stay fit and healthy.

"Alright, fine."

Everett turns towards the entrance of the house.

"When should we watch the movie?"

I'm ignored and I find myself furrowing my eyebrows to the back of his head. I step closer but he still doesn't turn around.

"Everett?"

This time I walk in front of him and his eyes are set forward at the door. Fear and disgust flashes across them.

"What's the matter?"

"He's here."

My blood runs cold at the same time something pangs my heart painfully. "Who?"

"He's here."

"Everett, you're scaring me."

"He's here. He's here."

"Who?!"

His eyes are glassed over as he stares at the door. I notice how my body begins to shake, a thump at the wooden door making me jump out of my skin.

"He's here for you, Reign. He's coming."

My throat burns as I glance back at the door. "Wh–"

I don't have time to finish my sentence before the opening to the house is kicked open and there stands Hector. Somehow he grows bigger and bigger until he's almost five times the size of me, stretching out his clothes until they rip.

A scream escapes my lips but I can't hear my own voice. Everett is stuck in a trance beside me. Eyes glazing over, not moving. Tears are streaming down my cheeks quickly.

Hector chuckles heavily, the noise bouncing off the walls. I try to back away but my feet are stuck to the ground. When I look down, the floor has swallowed my ankles and I am completely glued to the wood.

I exhale a long sob and turn to Everett who is still standing there, watching Hector inch closer and closer.

"Come on little princess," he coos in that grotesque voice.