29 blonde bombshell

♦ ♦ ♦

The next morning I find myself waking up alone. I frown when I twist in the sheets and feel the warmth of the bed where Reign was laying earlier. My eyes flick across the room but she's nowhere to be seen.

I grunt and throw myself back to the bed, rubbing my fingers into my eyes. My wolf howls inside of me because I want her by my side when I wake up every morning, without fail. And now I'm left alone.

Then suddenly I push myself up in the bed, a small panic rushing over my body. What if she's having another reaction to our activities yesterday?

Fuck. I swipe the sheets from my body and head towards the bathroom. The door is slightly ajar and when I press my hand to the painted wood, my chest releases when I see Reign standing at the basin, staring into the mirror at herself.

I can't gauge her emotions but the look on her face is telling me a very clear story.

She doesn't notice me behind her because she's so focused on herself and the way that she looks. I take three steps closer and wrap my arms around her, pulling her back into my chest.

Slowly she exhales a surprised sigh and glances at me in the reflection, her lips curving into a relaxed smile. "Liking what you see, angel?"

Reign chews on her lips before focusing on herself again. She runs a hand through her hair, mouth twisting into an unsettling frown. Even though she has just woken up, she's still beautiful without trying.

"Because I do. I like it a lot."

Those blue icy eyes gravitate to me again and she purses her lips. I tighten my grip around her body, cupping my own elbows. Her little fingers clench my forearm and she leans her head back into my chest.

A deep sigh escapes the back of her throat and I tuck the top of her head under my chin. "What's the matter?"

Reign's eyes flutter shut for a brief second. "Maybe I'm having an identity crisis. I don't know."

My brows crease at her words. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know if I like who I am, the way I look. I don't know who I am. Who the fuck am I?"

I blink back at her irrational questions. My head pulls back slowly and I kiss the side of her temple, over and over until she relaxes into my arms. "You can be whoever you want to be, Reign. But you don't need to change anything because everything about you is beautiful to me."

Reign looks down, then finds her eyes again. "But what if I want to change the way I look?"

Knowing she hates her appearance is like having someone spear me straight through the heart. I wish that she could see how I see her. I wish I could take away all her insecurities because she deserves to know how beautiful and amazing she is everyday.