Issue 8 - The Two-Faced Date

"I welcome all your faces back to your one-stop shop for all the Hero Chaser news and gossip. As always, it's I.D.D.A and you're here with theatre observant! But we all want to hear about the big one, the juicy news spreading like hot cake! Love is in the air? That's right, everyone's favourite Queen of Chaos made it official late last night on socials that she is, in fact, dating the new hotshot in town, Y/N. Do we have his last name yet? No, oh well, if Y/N can already catch the eye of our favourite person to hate, he must be something. Such juicy gossip is prime from the taking. Think of the views, the subs, oh and the donations."

Stella controls herself, spinning around in her chair. "But we all know I do this because it entertains you guys! After all, where would I be without you? Thank you, IDDA Simp 55, for the $3000 donation!" She looked to her wall, shaking her head. "Sorry though, your donation isn't high enough to reach the wall tonight. Don't fret, though; I still love you... And I'd love it if you donated that little bit more, and I'll add your name right here." Reading the chat, Stella smugly laughed, sipping on her drink. "Oh, don't be ridiculous; me jealous? I'm perfectly fine right here, thank you. Oh, speaking of which. If any of my lovely fans can get a pic of the love birds, I'll give you half off a tier three sub! I want drama and commotion; I want to store it in a little bottle and hang it on my wall! While you're at it, continue to bully, harass and make that hero junkie Zara Culling if you see her around. She thinks she can take me down!? Ha! I am the great I.D.D.A and as it's always said. Whatever you accuse me of, I didn't do anything!"

****

"Yo, Y/N, congrats, dude, you're going places." Harry boasts, leaning out from his apartment and holding a bowl of cookie dough. 

"Huh?"

"Oh, you don't have to act mellow before me, brother. You and Miss Barren, why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh! Oh, well, you see." I mutter, walking backwards, trying to get away from Harry. "It was out of the blue, last minute, but don't worry, Harry. You'll surely be the first person I'll tell next time."

"Oh, that's good to hear. So who's your next target?"

"Excuse me?"

"The harem, come on. You're going for one, too."

"Have a good day, Harry."

"Ok, then. I suppose you want to have the upper edge here. Trust me, though, once I put myself on the property ladder... Oh, Y/N, I wouldn't go in there, by the way. I heard a lot of screaming and things... Smashing."

I raised an eyebrow, nodding. "Thanks, Harry."

Approaching my apartment, I pressed my head against the door, listening to the commotion. Then, taking a step back, a machete stabbed through the door, making me jump. "What the fuck!?"

The door swung open as Billy burst out, hiding behind me. "Jesus, Chris Y/N, you have to do something!"

I turned around and saw Lily swinging a scythe at me. Catching the scythe with my shield, I glanced over, clearing my throat. "Lily?! What the hell are you doing?"

"Ah, you, Y/N. Please move out of the way so I can bathe in the blood of my enemy. Billy must die if that's alright."

"No, no, that's not alright." I point out, pushing her weapon back. "What's the meaning of this?"

"This psycho broke in trying to kill me over overdue library books!"

"Yeah, I may have sorta given our address," I whispered, keeping my cool.

"Why the hell would you do that!?"

"To be fair, you did the trick on me and almost got me killed over your stupid library card. I didn't think she was going to kill you." I mutter, looking at Lily. "Just give her the books."