Issue 17 - All That for Ten Bucks?

Kira sat on the roof, staring at her hand trembling; it was burnt to a crisp, skin peeling away. Clenching her fist tightly, the wound began to coil over as her tears turned to steam. Then, closing her eyes, she looked down disappointed.

"Don't cry; tears never did suit you, Kira."

Kira glanced over her shoulder seeing a pale boy with matching eyes and hair. He had his hands deep in his pockets, hood up blocking out the sun. Just as quickly as they made eye contact Kira turned away and returned to brooding. "Go away."

"Is that any way to treat your brother, dear sister? Am I not allowed to see how you are holding up? You've been gone not even three months, and you're already worse for wear." He teased, standing next to her.

Kira bit her lip, hissing under her breath. "What do you want, Cyrus?"

"Straight to the point, huh?" He shrugs off, sighing. "I can get on board with that. I'm going to be staying in town for a few weeks. Do a bit of sightseeing, try the food, and meet some lovely ladies. Kill a traitor or two. Care to tag along?"

"I want nothing to do with you."

"Are you still angry over the fact I remained in the family? Honestly, you can be so childish sometimes, sister. Didn't you jump in head first and take on the burden of saving your family? Even when our beloved Hollie fell to its temptations?"

"Don't use our sister against us."

"She's dead." He snaps back, slouching. "And you would be, too, if I didn't pull a few strings. Take it the revenge against Diego didn't go to plan? Did this Y/N do that to you?"

Kira placed a hand against her bandages, shaking her head. "No... But he might as well have. He took everything from me."

Cyrus spun around, groaning. "Man, you're so dramatic, little sister. Always doom and gloom; it's you against the world. I get it; all of this really sucks but crying about it ain't going to get you back in the family."

"What makes you think I want back in!?"

"What wouldn't?" Cyrus says, standing on the edge of the roof, peering down. "Super City. I like this place quite a lot... The boy who betrayed your trust Y/N. I think I'll pay him a little visit, and shake his hand for a job well done."

"All you do is taunt and mock me! Isn't your very existence enough of a torment for me!? So now you have to steal my thunder here too?!"

"Kira, Kira, Kira. You think yourself way too much. My life has far more meaning than just to fuck with you; get a grip." He barks, watching a blue flame move around his finger. "But saying that, you are better than this, I know it. Our family knows it. Psychosis knew it. If you're going to kill the bastard, just get it over and done with. Uncle hates waiting."

"Oh, and for the record, little sister. I have my own reasons for taking on the burden; you aren't one of them." Cyrus says with a severe tone before walking backwards, head tilted, smirking to himself. "Think I'll start calling you Mad-Eye Moody from now on; you sure look like him."

****

"I still can't believe you haven't seen a single episode of Doctor Who," Miley said disgustingly, pushing open the elevators and flipping a coin constantly. "Star wars, Star Trek? Please tell me you've seen the best-animated trilogy of all time, How to Train Your Dragon?"

"You're just putting words together right now," I mention, not putting too much thought into it. "I would never associate you with being a huge movie buff."

Miley gave me a dodgy look, not impressed. "What is that supposed to mean? Movies are the very DNA of our souls. They teach us lessons we take with us forever; they can make us cry, scream in joy, fall in love and escape our shitty lives. I wouldn't be half the girl I am today if it wasn't for the classics."