After Story - Love is a Battlefield (Miley Route)

"Oh."
"It's you."

Sitting in the detention block, Miley was just inches away from me, the only thing keeping her at bay was a few inches of glass. Not that it could stop her if she wanted to. Miley looked tired, run down in a worn orange jumpsuit, her prom dress until the end of days. Miley looked down tutting to herself trying to find any amusement out of this situation.

"Are you here to get a good look at what the Untouchable Chaos Queen has become? Have you come to belittle and mock me? By all means, mock away. Oh, I bet you're gloating by this, are Zara and old Izzy waiting in the wings for the song and dance routine? Ding Dong the Witch is dead? Which old Witch? This fucking Witch."

I hadn't spoken allowing Miley to speak her mind, to let it all out. Once the room had fallen into a slumber, once the tension was at sky high, I licked my lips matching her eyes, the daring purple haze that had me at every lock and key. "I debated for a long time what to say, I'm still unsure. Words can't describe our relationship."

Miley leaned back in her chair arms crossed matching my words with a smirk. "You got that right, if this was a Facebook status, it'd be complicated. Whatcha want? I'm busy rotting away in this cell, attempted murder, terrorism and treason go for a lot these days. Who would have guessed such a personal vendetta could get me in such deep waters? I have your friends to thank for that."

"Do you still love me?" I position making Miley's act fall into the interval as she fell silent once again. Sitting up I rubbed my face thinking up my next words carefully. "That's the reason either of us is in this situation right? If I hadn't shown up all those months ago you wouldn't be here."

"And the city would still be under the iron fist of Ada. Can't bake your cake and eat it." Miley follows up letting out a deep sigh. "I used to think my life before you was perfect, I had everything I wanted. Money, fame, power and a rad apartment to return to after work. I was on top of the world."

"And now?"

"Now I share a room with three other girls, I see the outside world an hour a day, I think we all know what I'd choose. I wouldn't take back any of what I did though." She admits looking away flustered. "I lived day by day with no goal, no ambition no tomorrow. I had gotten everything I wanted, but I couldn't think of what was next. But then you had to show that ugly mug of yours and the one thing I wanted fell between my fingertips."

"So?"

"No. I don't love you." Miley whispered hiding her face beneath her jumpsuit. "Love is a two-way feeling. That's how I've always seen it. Otherwise, it's just an obsession. I learned that the hard way with Keith. It's taken me this long to fully realise the fantasy of a happily ever after doesn't come for me. Wish I knew that earlier on, I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so much..."

"I see," I mutter standing up and turning to the exit nodding to myself. "Then let's get you out of here yeah?"

"W-What?" 

"What does it look like? I'm breaking you out."

Miley pressed her hand against the glass, the force of her restraints pulling her back. "Are you fucking out of your mind? Why would you do that for?"

"Because I love you."

Miley returned a blank stare sighing. "You caught me off guard the first time, it ain't happening again this time buddy."

"It's no joke," I respond hands in my pocket. "We've been through hell and back, almost killed each other time and time again. How am I meant to go back to a normal life after that?"

"Y-You're not kidding? You know it's cruel to play with a girl's heart like that, I'll kill you if you're lying."

"I bet you'd fight like hell," I smirk placing my hand on the glass. "Miley Barren, I love you."