Issue 18 - Signs of Ragnarök

"Good morning Super City; you are watching the number one podcast; don't look it up; Rubbish Flavour! I'm just hosting Deadly Queen, and she is quite an exciting star of guests today; you know her as the wannabe hero of Super City, Zara Culling. Alongside the new hero on the block, the head of the Catano family, Cyrus Catano."

"Thanks for having me, Queen; I'm a huge fan!" Zara gloated.

Cyrus smirked, slouching forward. "Hello there."

Deadly Queen pointed to the camera, shouting. "We have a huge show for you today; before we go into the questions, can I be the first to point out how much colder it's getting these days? On average, here in Super City alone, we're dropping by 5 degrees since last year. I thought global warming was meant to be slowly cooking us. So what's going on here!?"

"I haven't noticed; I guess being an undead vampire has perks," Cyrus says sarcastically. 

"Wait, you're a vampire?" Zara asks, shocked. "Are you allergic to garlic?"

"You do have sarcasm in Super City, right?"

"Oh..." She replied, embarrassed. "I mean, well, it is a bit nippy lately. I've been using my coat more often these days."

"That's what I'm saying; how long before we become a snow paradise? It could be quite the spectacle. Since we're going off your words Zara, tell us. How is it being the only Hero in Super City?"

Zara paused, struggling to come up with any words. "I don't think I'm the only superhero in Super City..."

Cyrus chuckled at this, arms crossed. "If your definition of a hero is beating up cripples with breathing problems making a living legally."

"That... Is a fair point." Zara said, sighing. "I won't deny what I did to Stella was done prematurely with no substance to back up my justice. Although I jumped the gun believing I was making a difference, I will not justify my actions or make that same mistake again. Instead, I'm doing everything I can to repair the damage I did and turn over a new leaf."

"That's great to hear, Zara; now tell me. First, you said there are more superheroes than you; care to list anyone else off?"

"Umm, well, ugh, you see. There's Y/N?"

"The one who took down Diego? What hero name did you give him? The green Zephyr? We'll see if that sticks. Well, I suppose he did a good deed with how Diego's powers worked. I guess Y/N's actions going forward will measure such a claim." Deadly Queen added, turning to Cyrus. "Would you agree with such a claim? After all, he put your sister out of action for a while and dropped her rankings in the toilet."

"If my pathetic sister cannot bring down one mere wannabe rockstar, then it was no one's fault but herself." He shrugged it off without much care. "Her actions are just an embarrassment; you won't see me being shot like that. She does not represent the Catano family, so I'm here. To clean up her mess and show Super City what we're really capable of."

"And we're all glued to the screen waiting to see your mark here. After a quick commercial break, we will discuss Zara's love life with all the dirty secrets. Stay tuned!"

"My what?"

****

I was a little too late to the party as hordes of people were gathering to get the first look at Frigg; it wasn't a surprise to anyone. No one had seen a Norse sister in public, let alone in Super City. This was to be a turning point for just about everything, and I needed to know why.

Jumping up and down, I tried getting a better view of the Hero Chaser's HQ, but it was of little luck. The crowd was too dense and excited. So instead, I turned my gears to a different plan. Walking away, I crouched down, propelling myself onto the roof next to the HQ good thing, too, as the crowd was only growing; not even Diego got this much of a crowd. It was maniac.