Issue 24 - Role Model

Hellfire blasted down as Billy slid under a bench hiding behind the cover. Cradling his sword, he glanced up as several projectiles were fired at him. Hiding again, he cursed under his breath. "Damn it, Billy... Out of all the people you could have run into... Why this douchebag?"

Billy looked up, flinching as Klein squatted, running his fingers over his blade. "You, little man, are way in over your head. Stand still while I make this quick."

Billy dived away as Klein took out his sword slashing through three buildings like a knife through butter. Taking out his blade, Billy held it down low, whispering to himself. "I can't keep living daily doing what other people want for me. I'm going  to fight for my own dreams!"

Klein stepped forward before cutting through Billy in the blink of an eye. Flicking his sword, he scoffed. "What a fucking loser; no inspirational speech will save your pathetic ass."

Looking over his shoulder, his eyes widened, finding Billy not even there. "What the hell?" His shock was amplified as a hand gripped his shoulder, and a whisper followed.

"The only loser I see here is you, Klein."

Klein quickly spun around, slashing the area all around, destroying more buildings. Yet again, nothing. He looked up dumbfounded at who he saw hovering above him. "Is that you, Stella? Since when did you?"

Stella's hand trembled, her body revolting against her newfound power as she raised her hand, slamming down as a giant hammer was fabricated out of thin air crushing Klein where he stood. Then, slamming her fist into an open palm repeatedly, she kept going until Klein was down for the count.

Landing on the ground, she held her mouth, coughing. Klein's expensive golden armour was utterly destroyed, leaving the half-naked Hero Chaser dazed. "Impossible... Impossible. Your illusion powers are just that... I won't let this end! You're just yesterda-"

Stella cracked a finger as Klein's arms were dislocated. His screams echoed out as he was teleported from the arena, unable to battle. "News." Stella tried holding her composure but failed to cough uncontrollably. Instead, her veins began glowing red while she stumbled back, coughing up blood. Taking a moment to get herself under control, she injected herself with an unknown substance. Finally, she took a long puff of her inhaler. "You're roommates with Y/N, aren't you?"

Billy was sitting down saved at the last minute, dumbfounded now, questioning his choices. "What the hell was I thinking? If the competition could do this... Are you alright, though?"

"It doesn't matter; power comes at a cost. I'll accept this burden however best I can." She plays off her hand, still shaking.

"Why did you save me?"

"Answer my question first."

"Y/N? Yeah, I'm his roommate; the bastard was doing so well at his job I thought to hell with it; I'll join in on the fun. Rita isn't going to let me live this one down."

"And Y/N is friends with Zara?"

"Friend is a strong term, I'd say."

Stella held her hand out, pulling Billy up. "Good, then you'll make yourself useful and take me to them."

"Umm, what for?"

Stella looked over her shoulder with a straight smile. "Why else? I wish to show off my gift to my new bestie."

****

"Behind you!" I shout, ducking down as Zara rolls over my back, kicking back the attacker. However, like before, she managed to dodge, making our job much harder. Now back to back again, I cracked my knuckles, annoyed. "This one just won't quit, will she..."