Issue 10 - To Infinity and Beyond

"What is up, my Steel Nation! IDDA here. Did you catch the crazy party last night?! Boy, was it everywhere! While I couldn't be there, boy, oh boy, do I have all the scoop. First, can we take a step back and give a round of applause to our favourite Chaos Queen? When she throws a party, she throws a party!" Stella screams, leaning close to the camera and pulling it with her. "I want to get personal with you all just for a moment. You all know I love you, everyone who watches me. I want to address this before those pesky bastard troll channels take my words out of context. Again. Yes, I was invited to the party, yes, Chaos Queen asked me. But as you know, I'm working on a huge project, my biggest yet! All in good time, a donation from KillerQueenPart4, IDDA, big fan. Are you ever going to do a fan meet-up one day? I would love that!"

Stella paused for a moment, smiling. "Aww, that's tots adorb; thank you for the donation, KillerQueenPart4, but that won't be possible; I'm still super busy. Speaking of, I can't say more right now as I'm still moving the pieces, but! But! But! Stay tuned for the updates; an exceptional guest will join us soon. No spoilers; you'll have to keep watching; turn that notification button. You don't want to miss it. It'll be out of this world!"

****

A howling blizzard ripped through the land, blinding it all in its thick coat of snow. A prison carriage had toppled over, slowly succumbing to the white bliss. Everyone was dead, no survivors. Then, two figures began ploughing through from the edge of the storm, reaching the crash sight. "Another set of foolish manchildren thinking they could escape the storm. You'd think they'd learn by now."

The other figure jumped down from their horse, covering their face. "You cannot blame them, Bealdor. They don't know the chaos these lands bring. The endless winter only grows stronger."

Bealdor scoffed, covering her face. "Still not our concern, Freyr."

Freyr peered into the distance, seeing a small light flickering. "Look, sister, do you see it?"

Bealdor reluctantly looked to where Freyr pointed. "I see it."

"Someone could still be alive."

Bealdor caught Freyr's arm, pulling her back. "This isn't our concern; the All Sister will call for us soon."

Freyr ignored her sister's pleas to run ahead. The blizzard was now battering the two sisters, eating away at their strength. Freyr looked on, seeing a boy hunched over, freezing but alive, barely. "Bealdor! We have a live one!"

Bealdor skipped several feet ahead, landing next to the boy kneeling. "Yeah, he's alive. Don't matter; he won't return to the village."

"We have to help him."

"Not our concern."

"Sister!"

"It isn't; you can mourn for him- What the hell." She whispered, noticing a ring on the boy's hand. When she tried taking it, a strange force stopped her. She moved her hand, shocked. "I've changed my mind; help me."

"What?"

"Forget it, no time. I'll bring him back myself."

"Bealdor! Wait a second, what's gotten into you? What changed?"

"You remember how I said nothing good happens in this damn place?"

"Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?"

Bealdor looked at the boy with a bright smile. "I think that's about to change."

I woke, my alarm echoing. Slouched against the park bench, I sat up, trying to play off, still half asleep. I looked at my phone, and a new notification popped up. It was from an unknown number. But it was the message that was much more intriguing.