Issue 29 - A New World Order

Previously on Project Hourglass...

What a show you've put on for all of us tonight, Y/N. Everyone give a big round of applause to our newest to-be Hero Chaser.
Make sure you get yourself registered with the agency. Tell them Diego recommended you.

What is... the point, my Steel nation? Stella here. I ugh, you see... Is anyone there? I need to talk; come clean... I. The other day, I heard a rumour that! That! That... Who am I kidding? The dream was over; I just wanted to be popular. I wanted everything I couldn't get. Is that too much to ask? No one got hurt, no one...

You won't get away with this, Y/N! I'll burn everything you stand for; mark my word! This is War.

Thanks to our good friend Y/N a slot has been opened, and while we could just give it to him, that wouldn't be very exciting, now would it? That's why we're going to put it up as a prize for every one of you to aim for. I couldn't let an opportunity like this pass me by, which is why we're having the Arena early this year. Isn't this exciting?
The winner takes all and becomes the new Number One Hero Chaser. Not only that, they will get this—a Relic of the Deities. The Relic of Yggdrasil, with this, the wielder will be granted untold power to rival the Gods themselves. How's that for a prize?

This is my city, these people are my playthings, and I'm not about to let some outsider take my toys away. Think you can take the win? What say, you hero? Hero Chasers? Boy, people will do anything with the concept. They could become infamous. Isn't that why you came here? Don't sit there looking so noble, my prince; you'll understand soon enough. You're all just puppets in my story, and this is the part where you lose."

So that's it... That's how it ends!?Let it go; move on.""How can I just move on? I can't accept... I can't accept this, this, this...""The fact you love me? I suppose I should have seen it.""No. I can't. I refuse! I can't falter into that again. I'm strong; I don't need anyone!"

"What have you done? Ada, what did you do?"
"What did I do you asked. I'll be happy to tell you. Or how about I tell you?""Maybe I'll tell you?" I turned, hearing Ada's voice coming out of Zara. My eyes widened as I saw Zara's face. It was Zara, but it wasn't. Anything that resembled her was purged and torn apart. Ada's mind, soul and presence were all that remained."No... Zara, that's not possible.""Oh, but isn't it my dearest Y/N?" Kira giggled now, also Ada. "What's wrong seen a ghost?"Izanami kneeled down smugly, resting her arms against her knees and staring at me. "Love has blinded you; how do I look?"

"Humanity was weak, greedy meat bags who only crave destruction. They have no place in my city or the War to come. So there's no human race at all. Just Ada. Only Ada. Always just Beelzebul and you, my beloved prize, have nowhere to run."

Six Months Later...

"Breaking news coming from me." Ada giggled, spinning in a desk chair, holding a set of papers.

Another Ada lay on the desk, throwing the papers everywhere, cackling. "And me! Crime is down, oh, 100%. Peace in my time, and all it took was making everyone me. To all the Adas listening, you really put the Super in Super City; the time is almost upon us. The time we've waited for oh so long! War, Endless War—the War against evil itself. Rejoice; the Ada Race will march to War. Celebrate this special occasion with the Ada special at Buckeroo's, where right now, you can get 1.234% off your next order when you spend 100 bucks or more. And for a limited time, every order comes with a free toy of me! It's time to etch our place in history at Super City, and remember when I win, we all win."

****

"Attention! Hotcakes 101 is entering the building; I want all of me on high alert. We know what's at stake, ladies. He's here."