Issue 12 - Public Drama

"My name is Diego Epoch. I am 24 years old, and for the last eight years, I've been your number one Hero Chaser; I've seen trends come and go and beloved icons rise and fall. I stood on the sidelines, letting history take its course and crushing anyone who challenged me. I hold no grudges, seek no war, nor have the stomach to gander hate." Diego says, nodding to himself. "So what I'm trying to get across here is that I'm a simple man living a simple life with extraordinary consequences. This is a message to the Hero Chaser known as Y/N. I see you, and for the longest time, I still consider you an ally, a colleague and a friend. I gave advice when asked and answers when needed. But you see..."

"I cannot have any ill intent on my consequence. What you did to Stella was given; however, you were trying to defend yourself. I can't sit by and watch as you take and take; it's all you do; it's all you know—always taking, never giving. You took my kindness, passion, and naivety and threw them back in my face. You ruined a poor girl's life and looked to ruin more. You're no Hero Chaser; you're a parasite, A false King who thinks him a God. This madness must end; you must be stopped; this city needs saving and a Hero Chaser." Diego turns from the camera, looking down, deflated. "I didn't wish to do this, but you left me no choice. If left unchecked, you would destroy everything we built here. So let us end this cycle of taking. The ball is in your court, final warning."

****

"You've fucked this one up now, Y/N, haven't you," I whisper, watching as all the billboards play Diego's declaration of war. After that, people began noticing me taking pictures and gossiping with each other. A flurry of raindrops echoed through the city as I looked at my relic, nodding. "It's about time; you got what you wanted. No turning back now. Right, Kira?"

Kira stood behind me, tightening her leather glove and nodding. "Yeah, it's about time he goes down."

"It's about revenge, isn't it?" I question, glancing at her. "It's always about revenge; nothing changes there. Someone is always avenging someone."

"You wouldn't understand."

"No," I replied, turning to her. "And I don't intend to. We're not ready for this."

"I won't deny that fact; we still don't know his powers. So we're going in this extremely unprepared." Kira states, arms crossed. "All we have is brute force."

"Well, if we're going down that route, we need backup," I warn.

"Isn't that handy?" Miley scoffs, sitting on a lamppost looking down on us. Then, holding up a spear, she giggles. "Here I was expecting an invitation."

"Miley, how didn't I know you'd show up?" I sigh. "If you want to go round, I don't have the time."

"I'm not interested in fighting you." She says, looking over her weapon. "Such an opportunity isn't something I can just let slip by."

I raise an eyebrow, glancing at Kira. "So, you want to help?"

"Need my help. There's a difference." She barks, jumping down next to me. "If the Untouchable God declares war on you, the Chaos Queen will retaliate." 

"Sounds like she likes you." Kira smirks.

Miley paused, spinning her spear around and pointing it to Kira, licking her lips. "Listen here, Catano; I despise Y/N with every fibre of my bones; I want nothing more than to see him crumble away, crushed by the world's weight as the light of hope leaves his eyes. However, that will be by my hands, not some fraud thinking he's number one."

"Aren't you two dating?"

"Enough!" She shouts. "End of story, bye-bye, let's go and overthrow the King!"