Issue 19 - Your Friendly Neighbourhood Fuck Up

"What is up, my Steel Nation!"

"IDDA here!"

"IDDA here!"
"IDDA here!"
"IDDA here!"

"Did you catch the crazy party last night?!"

"What a week we've had in Super City."

" I have an exceptional guest who will be joining us soon."

Stella paused the countless vogs she had going on, her hand trembling. The glaring light burned against her face as she lowered her head in shame. Taking a puff from her inhaler, her hand continued to shake as she threw her lifeline against the wall screaming into a pillow. Her screams of hatred and anguish quickly subsided as she heard the door to her apartment. Raising her head, she slumped back in bed, throwing the covers over her.

"I'm back." A voice muttered, pausing for a moment before deciding to respond. "I brought smoothies."

Stella didn't respond to the bribe curled up hidden away. But, that wouldn't last long as the covers were pulled out, Stella's safety blanket stolen as Zara stood with a plastic bag filled to the brim. "Hey!"

Zara left the covers on the floor, opening her window, light bleeding in, making Stella squint forced to look away. Then, going through the bag, Zara turned around, holding two different smoothies, smiling. "Which do you want? I have a mango passionfruit and an orange lime twist."

Shaking the bottles in front of her, Stella huffed, snatching the mango drink and holding it close to her mouth. Zara sat in the chair next to her bed, waiting for Stella to take the first sip. Rolling her eyes, she fell to Zara's demands taking a small taste. She paused, whispering under her breath. "It's good."

"Really? That's awesome; I'll have to keep a note for next time; let's see what else I've got... Hmm, oh! You'd like this. Fresh from my brother's collection, Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, have you heard of this one?" Zara gloated, holding the DVD in Stella's face.

Still, Stella didn't respond.

Zara sat back in her chair, turning the cover around. "It's about a boy who, to win the affection of a girl he likes, has to defeat her seven evil EXs, a classic in the making. Oh, if you don't want to watch that, I also picked up Shawn of the Dead... Maybe a little violent, fair enough. How about my favourite Hotel for Dogs?"

"Why do you keep wasting your time?" Stella mutters, deflated. "Every day, you make it your mission to visit me, bombarding me with drinks, films and video games... Every day you torment me, rubbing it in further. How much longer do you intend on beating me down?"

Zara's excited motive echoed away, leaving a mellow and humble girl in its place. Standing up, Zara gulped down her drink, shaking her head. "For as long as needed, forever if that's what it takes."

Snarling, Stella threw her bottle at Zara, hitting her in the head. "You bloody idiot! Do you think I want your pity points here!?" Screaming, Stella began to cough uncontrollably, looking for her inhaler but to no luck.

Soon enough, it appeared in front of her, Zara holding it out and rubbing her head. "You should be more careful where you put something like this."

"Whatever, give it here." She choked, taking a deep puff. Then, calmed down, Stella crawled to the bottom of her bed, ripping the covers back and hiding under them again. "Are we done now? Can you go home already!?"

Zara smiled faintly, ignoring Stella's demands as she tidied the room. She was folding Stella's clothes, throwing rubbish in the bin, and cleaning any dust around her desk. Then, taking the last rubbish bags out, Zara returned, wiping herself down, proud of the work. "For someone who doesn't do much, you sure make a mess of your room."