Issue 11 - Behind the Looking Glass

You are loved. You're worth something. Your life has meaning; the world is a better place with you in it. You are loved. You're worth something. Your life has meaning; the world would be better off without you.

Stella licked her lips and paused momentarily; she looked at me, laughing and slightly nodding. "I need to get this off my chest before we start. Is that alright?"

"Go ahead, Stella; it's your show, after all."

Nodding, she looked down at her notes before speaking up. "You've been here, what two months? You've skyrocketed up the search system, made powerful allies, and now dating the Chaos Queen to anyone; you may look to be some trend chaser trying to make it as big as possible. But tell me, do we know the real you? I want to discover that because I can't help but worry you're just here to eat away at my audience."

Nodding to myself, I looked at the camera, crossing my legs. "Well, Stella, you would be right there."

"I beg your pardon?" She muttered, the annoying music cutting off. She began laughing nervously. "Say that again?"

"That's exactly why I'm here; why else would I be?" I return, raising an eyebrow. "I think you are missing the point here, Stella; let me ask you this. What do you see when you go on social media? What sort of content do you consume?"

Still confused, Stella takes a moment before returning with an answer. "Well, that's easy enough; I see whatever my fans tag me in."

"Exactly, your life is surrounded by your loyal fans. They'd do anything for you, and I do mean anything. But it's more than that; you are a lucky girl, Stella. Can we take a moment to acknowledge that? You are a lucky girl!" I shout, leaning back. "Everywhere I look, I see copycats and other Vtubers who want a piece of your pie. Dozens and dozens. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon because it was easy. But look where we are. You're the only Hero Chaser popular enough for a damn. These virtual streamers come and go, but IDDA remains after the dust has settled."

"I'm sorry, I don't know where you're going with this."

"Isn't it obvious!? You have a platform, Stella; you have fans. You could make a real difference and change lives. But instead, you use them like rats to do your dirty deeds. You don't care what happens to them. Is that right?"

"Of course not. IDDA loves her fans!" She laughs, eyeing me down. "Is that why you're here? To expose me?"

I returned the laugh resting against my arm. "Please, you're doing that just fine yourself. But, no, I was hoping to talk to you, clear the air."

"Well, I'm here. You haven't exactly let them talk, mind you."

"No, no. I meant to talk to the real you. I don't want to talk to IDDA. I want to talk to Stella."

"Stella?" She whispered. "But you are."

"Good, let me ask you this. What's your name."

"IDDA."

"No, no. What is your full name? What's your full name?"

"My full name?" She paused, debating it. "Stella Sandoval, but that's public knowledge you shou-."

"Then why IDDA? I didn't do anything. Diego and Miley may have dumb nicknames but still use their real names. You're the only Hero Chaser I know otherwise who makes it up. Don't you think it's time we know the real Stella?"

"The real Stella?" She stuttered, mumbling up words. "No, they wouldn't. The fans don't want that. Why wo-."

I leaned forward, nodding along. "Or do you mean you don't want that?"