Issue 25 - Ice Cold Revenge Part 1

"The First, The Corrupted, The Fanatic, The Accursed, The Puppet, The Appended, The Forgotten and the Prime," Ada said aloud, leaning back in her chair. "The Eight Archons, the Harbingers of Doom and Dispicles to the One Below all. Do these tales reach your people's ears?"

Glancing to her right, she saw Charmeine and Lucy enter, bowing their heads slightly. "They do."

"I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised by that matter. The Eight Archons is a story I hold dear to my heart. Eight beings of unmatched power said to rival the Deities themselves will appear throughout time and space and enact the will of the One Below All. A fairy tale. A legend should be more fitting; a fairy tale suggests it is made up." Ada gloats, leaning forward. "How goes my new plaything?"

Lucy stared blankly as Charmeine nudged her. "She means Y/N!"

"OH, right! Well, there's no question about it now; he is a Deity. A most powerful Deity held back by his relic." Lucy started looking at Charmeine. "And?"

"Dear Lord, I have to do everything here." She grumbled. "The relic he wields seems to be suppressing his favour; whether it's intentional or not is up for debate. He's hiding more than he's letting on, but our search has heavily narrowed down thanks to his latest scrabble."

Ada spun around, watching the screen, flicking a pen between her fingers. Glued to the screen, a devilish smile crept in. "I see you for what you are—a Deity of Death, just like me. Oh, Warrior, mine devour all who stand in your way and be reunited in blood. I truly love you, Y/N; free me from my curse as we slay the One Below All."

****

Stella kept pacing back and forth on adrenaline, unable to calm down. Shaking her hands, she was breathing heavily, ecstatic. "Man, is this how you feel all the time wielding such power? How do you keep so calm and collected over something so grander? I feel a high I can't get enough of; you understand that, too, right?"

I continued to stare at Stella, unresponsive but judgemental all the same. My glare wouldn't leave the Hero Chaser ready for anything.

"Come on, come on, I may love the sound of my voice, but you've got someone to say, right? Anything?" She barks, finally stopping in her tracks, even if it is just for a few seconds. "You're seriously that petty?"

"Petty is undermining it. Six months ago, I saw a crippled girl who had nothing to gain and everything to lose. A girl who couldn't raise a hand if she wanted who just paved through a super vigilante like it was clockwork. Powers you didn't have before." I judge, crossing my legs. "How did you do it?"

"Does it matter? Look at me. I'm a whole new me! I feel great I feel... I feel." Stella paused, coughing; she turned away, covering her mouth. She wasn't good at hiding the blood. "I, I saved yours and Zara's life. I saved your stupid roommate's life when I didn't have to. Isn't that good enough for you?"

I didn't respond.

Wiping her mouth, Stella walked over, looking down at me. "Or maybe you're jealous? Is that it?"

I didn't respond.

A smirk. "Like you'd be jealous."

Stella slowly sat down, holding her head. Slouched next to me, she clenched her fist, chuckling; this soon turned into another cough. "Super City would have been better without you. We were all happy until you showed up; you shattered dreams and livelihoods like nothing more than glass, and for what? So what the hell has this all been for?"

I stand up, rubbing off Stella's remarks, stuffing my hands deep in my pockets. "Zara has been through quite a lot as of late; you'd do everyone a favour if you'd leave her alone."