Issue 23 - Miley Everywhere!

Kicking the door down, I rolled in, glancing around, and taking a deep breath. "All clear here."

Zara glanced inside, curious. "Why are we scouting every room on this floor for?"

"Are you serious? Anyone could be hiding in these rooms; if we use this as a scouting base, we can't have anyone sneaking up on us. This being the top floor is most important." I lecture certainly no one had gone for this building. "Wait a second... This room."

"What about it?"

Kneeling, I picked up a picture, it was a family photo, and the said family was ringing a bell. "Take a look at this, Zara."

Taking the photo, she inspected it curiously. "Hmm, hey, doesn't this look like Kira? When did she have black hair and green eyes?"

"She doesn't look anything like the murderous monster today... Cyrus mentioned something about her taking on the burden; perhaps this has something to do with it. Not to mention the other three. An older girl, younger girl and him..."

"That guy was the big boss we were talking about. The God of War." Zara whispered. "I heard he was the real deal, a force to be reckoned with, no joke. Not even the Hero Chasers came here because of that guy. If only I were a Hero Chaser back then, I would have defiantly taken him down."

"Maybe he was a deity?" I shrugged off, glancing at Zara, smirking. "What is your obsession with becoming a real-life Super Hero? I thought you gave up on that dream after Stella."

"Sort of... Not entirely; truth be told, I'm like this all because of my pops. He was an amazing state-of-the-art Superhero in his day. He made it work; it didn't matter who it was, my dad would save them. I wanted to be just like him, still do. My mother, on the other hand, isn't too keen on me following the family business. Unfortunately, he died several years ago... She blames herself daily."

"Is that why you didn't want her involved with your injuries the other day?"

Nodding, Zara gripped her hands tightly. "Yup, she doesn't know about my parade just yet. I've been careful not to hit the big leagues; it probably helps she isn't the biggest fan of the Hero Chaser craze. Of course, she's bound to find out eventually, but I want to save just one more person before then. Even if for just a moment, I want to be like him. My Superhero Dad."

"And here I thought you were just some marvel superfan in it for the fame and glory. I'm sorry for misjudging you, Zara."

Snorting at this, she shrugged it off. "Ahh, it's no big deal. Most people write me off all the time, myself included. But I will prove them wrong; we'll win this stupid game and show the world. But if you feel that bad about it, you can buy me pizza sometime. Pizza is good."

"I'll... Add it to the list." I mutter, looking out the window. Beyond our sanctuary, I saw a few Chasers battling. One that stood out was none other than Frigg herself fighting a girl with sunglasses chewing bubblegum. "Frigg... So that's why you're here; why didn't you just tell me?"

"Huh? Is there fighting going on? Let me check!"

Zara began budging as the reflection from her hilt made me flinch. Then, kicking her back, a stray spear pierced the spot where we stood.

Miley was here.

"God frigging damn it! Why'd you move? I could have made it quick." Moving her neck around, Miley swung her arm, pointing to me. "But I suppose killing you in one strike wouldn't be so fun."

I stopped Zara from intervening, eyeing Miley down with a smirk. "Don't bother; Miley and I are settling this for good. Don't worry; I won't be long."

Zara nodded, running ahead. Miley held her hand out, producing a sword and spinning it around. "You see, cockiness like that is only good for getting you killed. You won't be smiling when I beat you down for good."