Issue 15 - Just Show Business

"What is... the point, my Steel nation? Stella here. I ugh, you see..." Stella paused, coughing. Hunched at her desk, she stared into the webcam, not showing her avatar anymore. "Is anyone there? I need to talk; come clean... I."

Stella began coughing again, holding a rebreather over her mouth. She curled up, looking down, rubbing her eyes, sore from the tears. "The other day, I heard a rumour that! That! That... Who am I kidding? The dream was over; I just wanted to be popular. I wanted everything I couldn't get. Is that too much to ask? No one got hurt, no one..."

"I'm sorry, everyone," Stella whispered, digging her face between her legs. "I lied to you all."

"Lied? Did you lie, Stella?" A voice echoed out.

Stella froze, lifting her head and looking around. "Who... Who said that?"

A flash of lightning erupted as Lucy sat on Stella's bed holding the rebreather. "You wouldn't lie now, would you, Stella?"

"Who are you? How d-." Lucy jumped up, approached Stella, and made her yell. "Please don't hurt me."

Lucy put down a small vial of purple sand, smiling boldly. "The only thing hurt here is your pride. What those Hero Chasers did to you was unacceptable. You've been a good streamer, Stella; Ada believes you deserve better, a reward."

Stella slowly reached for the purple sand conflicted. "What is this?"

"An opportunity; Y/N has the powers of Gods; he can do whatever he wants. Why should you be any different? So accept this gift from us and become a Deity."

Stella held the sand up, coughing. "This can make me whole again? Are you certain?"

"That and more. The powers of the hourglass are not to be taken lightly. This is an honour."

Stella didn't need to think twice about ripping open the vial and letting the sand pour down her throat. Instead, she began coughing, more so than normal. Then, reaching for her bottle of water, she fell off her chair, gagging and screaming. Lucy sat back on her bed with a stern look, which soon turned into a smile. "Welcome back to the fight, Stella. Or, more fittingly, now. Yaldabaoth."

****

Billy kicked over rubble from the front room with a gritted sigh. "This will take forever to fix and cost an arm and leg." He looked at his broken arm, scoffing. "Maybe just a leg."

Tipping the sofa back over, I wiped my hands deflated. "At this rate, Looking for a new apartment is probably best."

"Like hell you are!" Billy screeched, throwing me a broom. "This apartment and my state are because of you. I don't care how long it takes; you'll fix this and pay me whatever compensation I need!" He began to groan, holding his head. "Starting with Ben and Jerry's..."

"Man, this blows. How did you convince me to help you with this mess?" Miley huffs, sitting on the sofa, feet up. "I hoped to go a round or two in your new assault mode. That was fire, by the way."

Smirking to myself, I leaned against the broom. "Yeah, I guess it was. But don't get too excited; using that power takes a toll on me. So I don't think I'll use that form for a while."

"Shame." She shrugs off, slurping a bubble tea. "Still mental to think we took down Diego; I mean, holy cow, the idea came to mind a few times, but I was never brave or stupid enough to try."

"I wouldn't say we beat him. I doubt we could have stopped him if it wasn't for Izanami. We didn't straight up defeat him, though." I point out. "And I'm sure that's not the last of Diego either."

"Yeah, but still. Can't you get super pumped over a win? Your video was a mega-hit; it's already been watched over a million times. You're a superstar!" Miley shouted, watching the video again. "Only ten seconds long, but you ruined his reputation."