🌻 Chapter 2

🌻

Chris ushers the new beautiful man past the pool to the blue tape square. "Ladies, this is Paolo Rossi from Daytona Beach, Florida." There is a collective sigh from all of us. Paolo is a beautiful dark haired man with dark chocolate eyes and olive colored skin. He has hair down to his shoulders and he is wearing a striped blue button down shirt which he forgot to completely button. There is a dark swatch of black hair poking out of his shirt. This guy is all man.

"Hello ladies." He says with an Italian accent. Oh my. He smirks at our clear admiration of him.

Alexis plays it cool, she slowly stands and bends over to place her wine glass on the table. She probably wouldn't bend so low if she knew everyone had a clear view down the front of her dress. She walks slowly over to Paolo, as if she likes all the attention on her. When she reaches the Italian she holds out her hand. 

Oh! She does know how to shake hands. Paolo takes her hand and kisses the back of it. "Ciao, Bella."

"So nice to meet you Paolo, I'm Alexis. Let me introduce you to my friends." How does she make her voice sound like she is purring when she talks? She did not use that tone with me.

Paolo looks her up and down appreciatively and putting a hand to her back, gives her a sexy smile, "I would like that, Amore." Except the word 'would' came out like 'vood' with his Italian accent. Alexis takes him over to the group of women and he takes each one by the hand as he hears their names. I watch closely because I'm hearing them introduced for the first time.

There is a pretty Asian girl named Ellie, the one who smiled at me. A blond girl named Chrissy that I'm hoping is more intelligent than she seems. Her giggles and inane comments over the last half hour have been tipping me off to her intellect, or lack there of. First impressions can be difficult, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. 

There is also a brunette girl named Samantha who Stacy probably classifies as a 'plus size model' even though she is normal sized, not fat at all. She just isn't skin and bones like the rest of us. There is one girl named Draven who has a lot of piercings and tattoos. Her makeup is done very dramatically with eyeliner wings that make her look like a young Amy Winehouse. There is a pretty redhead wearing a very short black dress named Fiona. There are several others also but I don't catch all of their names.

The women try to monopolize Paolo but he insists on breaking away from the group to introduce himself to me. What a gentleman, I can't help but smile. "Hello! I'm Brooklyn." I reach out to shake his hand but he pulls it in for a kiss. A wet kiss. I resist the urge to wipe the back of my hand on the couch cushion.

"Brooklyn, it is lovely to meet you, mia cara . What a sweet little thing you are." He is still smirking. He leans in close and says in a low tone, "I enjoy little sweets from time to time." 

My eyes open wide. Goodness, is he flirting with me? I don't think anyone but Max has ever flirted with me. And honestly, did Max ever really flirt? Reminding myself of Max is not good. He is going to hit the roof when he watches this episode. Just this guy kissing my hand is going to send him into a tizzy. Good thing I won't be here for long. As Alexis pointed out, I'll likely be home before the week is out.

Chris continues to bring in men, one after another for us to meet. The women decide to greet them in the same order they arrived. Apparently Alexis was first. And I am to be last. The girls spoke a little loudly when they said the last guy will probably be a dud like the last girl was. I try not to have a sad face when I realize they mean me.

The stream of gorgeous men coming into this party is a sight to see. There is Scott who has short dark hair and dark eyes. I can't believe he isn't already a model. For some reason he seems like an athlete in a suit. You know how professional football players look when they dress up? The women are absolutely panting after him. His smug smile makes him look like he knows he is good looking. Not to be rude but the word 'cocky' comes to mind.