🌻 Chapter 39

🌻

We barely get our stuff into our hotel room when we are told it is time to go to see the designers. Alexis and I go in one car with a cameraman and the boys go in another with Neil.

Alexis and I sit quietly in the back seat for a few minutes until she finally breaks the silence. "Look!" I jump because I wasn't expecting her to talk. Her voice gets quieter when she sees my startled reaction. "I just wanted to say that I wasn't having a very good night the other night... and... well... you were nice to me. You made me feel better. So thanks."

I'm in shock. It's the nicest thing she's ever said to me. "Um, no problem."

"And... you did better than I thought you'd do on the Seduction photoshoot." Wow, a compliment. My eyes open big.

"Thanks, you guys did really good too." I feel like I'm walking on egg shells like she's going to turn nasty again all of a sudden.

"Yeah, we did."

The cameraman in the front seat has his camera trained on us. So I push my luck a little, "Why are you being nice to me?" I realize that might not be the kindest question. "I mean, not that you need a reason. It's just that we haven't always gotten along. So it felt a little weird when you just..."

"Brook!" I close my mouth. "Relax. We're not best friends or anything. But we are spending a couple days together so we may as well not fight." 

I nod my head. "Okay, sounds good."

We arrive at the Miu Miu fashion house just off Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Ladies with perfectly coiffed hair and nails walk down the sidewalks in pairs carrying shopping bags, several carrying little dogs. It's early evening and by the number of people who are out, I'm guessing this city is just getting started. I feel extremely out of my element here because I know next to nothing about fashion.

Inside we are greeted by three very chic women. The older woman is clearly in charge. She knows who we are and she introduces herself and her staff. "I am Reeksha, this is Camille and Savan." She has an Italian accent, "So, we are to find you a fabulous dress for tonight's fashion gala, no?" I thought it was a cocktail party.

Alexis is looking at the dresses as we walk to the back. "Yes, thank you." Alexis points out a few dresses on the way, "I love this." She points to a red dress, "Does this come in black?" Then she sees a black sequined gown, "I adore this!" The ladies quickly take several dresses in Alexis's size and take her to the back to change.

Reeksha looks at me, "You know what you would like to try?" I love her accent.

I blush a bit, "I don't actually know a lot about fashion."

She waves her hand, "It is no nevermind. I will pick something for you." She grabs a few dresses and I follow her to the back where Alexis is. 

I try on the first dress. It is tight and red with cut outs that show a lot of skin. When I come out they make me stand on a little circular platform in front of a tri-fold mirror. I look at myself and I can't help but think I look like a little kid playing dress up.

"How you like?"

I narrow my eyes like I'm thinking, "Um... well..." I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Alexis steps out of a dressing room and goes to a platform as well. "This one is divine!" She looks amazing in a sheer black dress with opaque stripes, it has a black corset underneath. Alexis glances over at me and sees how uncomfortable I am. "Brooklyn needs something with more coverage. She isn't comfortable in revealing clothes."

Reeksha nods and snaps her fingers, "Get Halen, size four." And one of the women run off.

As I go back to the dressing room I tell Alexis, "Thank you." She nods once.