🌻 Chapter 27

🌻

"What the HELL is going on here?!" It is dark out now but Hayden has a flashlight. "This is cozy. You know there are two bedrooms, right?"

"There's a man eating spider in my room." I mumble, I hope he understands with the inarticulation of my sleepy mouth.

Ry says in my ear, "Get the hell out." 

The first thing I realize is that he's talking to Hayden, not me. The second thing I realize is that, yet again, I am cuddled up against him. The protective pillow has moved down and is tangled with my legs. Ry has his arms wrapped around me and it feels amazing. I'm sure we are creating quite a sight for Hayden. Then again, Haydie used to sleep on top of me so...

Hayden laughs, "No. It's ten fucking thirty and the two of you are asleep already? I need to get cooler friends, because I gravely misjudged the two of you."

Ry doesn't care about Hayden's approval, "Thank God, go torture someone else for a while." Hayden scoffs but Ry continues, "What the hell do you want? Spit it out, then get the fuck out."

"We're going to a party. Get up." Ry groans and the feel of it in his chest more than the sound makes me...hmm warm.

I'm up. I pull away from Ry. His arms tighten for just a moment then he lets me go. 

"A party?" I've been trying to follow along but for some reason I was distracted.

Hayden shines the light in my face and I bring my hand up to protect my eyes, "Yeah, there's a party at a house down the beach." Then he says in a high voice to entice us, "No cameras."

Hayden gets tired of waiting so he huffs and grabs me, throwing me over his shoulder. He has no reaction as I yell that I'm in pajamas and have no shoes. Moments later he is jogging down the beach with me potato-sacked over his shoulders. Ry catches up quickly, he didn't change out of his pajamas either but he did put his slides on.

The party is only about five houses down the beach past the last hut from our resort. They have a big deck on the back of the house with lots of people milling around. Haydie puts me down and holds my hands away from my sides. "Wow, actual normal pajamas. Not a character in sight! Honestly I didn't think you had it in you, Hometown." 

I smirk at him, "Glad I can still surprise you." 

I turn around in my bare feet and walk through the sand up to the deck and I hear Hayden's choking laughter behind me. Presumably because he sees the giant Elmo face on my rear end.

Hayden swats me on the butt as he comes up next to me. "Sorry, Elmo was being cheeky."

Ry looks down at me, "Are you okay with this? I can take you back if you want."

I think about it for a second then shake my head, "Actually, I've never been allowed to go to parties and I've always wanted to go. Let's stay."

Hayden frowns at me, "Never?"

I shake my head again, "Nope, not unless you count birthday parties with parent chaperones or the cocktail party we all had the first night."

Hayden chokes, "Um no, those don't count."

Ry takes my hand. He looks stern, so normal, his normal expression. "You need to protect your drink, okay? Don't let anyone have the chance to put something in it."

My eyes open wide, "Like drugs?!" 

He purses his lips and nods. I guess there are bad people even in Hawaii. As we walk through the crowd we don't recognize anyone. It doesn't look like any of the models or crew discovered this party yet.