📷 Chapter 19

📷 Ry POV

"Hometown, your boyfriend is a fucking asshole!"

Fuck Hayden, I just got her to stop crying. "Watch your language, Dipstick!" 

I look down at Danny who has buried his face in my chest, hiding from Hayden. He's always been really shy. Danny peaks out the side of his eyes at Hayden. 

Hayden drops his arms, "Sorry Boss. But seriously, the guy is a complete..."

"Bro! She just stopped crying and you are NOT helping." 

She seems to like my hand petting her head so I continue. She fits to me so perfectly. I hear her sniffle.

Hayden looks chagrined, he holds his palms out in front of him, "Sorry!" He puts his hands on his hips, waits for a brief pause and then continues, "But just so we are clear: Hometown is his. He owns her completely, body and soul. No other man can touch her or talk to her. He would prefer they didn't look at her either."

He'd better not make her start crying again, or so help me. I hate her boyfriend as much as he does. But when I saw how crushed she was I knew she didn't need me pointing out what a bastard he is, she needed encouragement to get through the day. 

Would I like to beat the living shit out of the guy? Damn straight. Will I beat the shit out of him? Regretfully, not today for Brook's sake but I really hope I get the chance in the near future.

I try to speak calmly for both Brook and Danny's benefit. "That's okay. We have a plan, we are just going to make it through this one day. We will all be fine." 

It's like Hayden didn't hear me at all. His hands flail as he talks, "Which is a stupid ass thing for him to say considering she is TRYING TO BE A MODEL! People look at models!"

Aaaaand we're done. "Out." I point at the door. "You can avoid talking to her and touching her for one day to satisfy the boyfriend. Everything will be back to normal tomorrow. One day."

He drops his hands and looks defeated. Then he walks closer and pulls Brooklyn into a hug. I instantly miss the feel of her. "Sorry, Hometown. I'll be good. I promise."

"Thanks Hay." She gives him a small smile. "I liked meeting your family."

He smiles back, "Me too." He starts to walk out but then turns, "By the way, I think one of your sisters was comin' on to me."

She gives a little gasp. "Dangit! I'm so sorry! Ignore her. I already have plans to murder her later tonight."

With Hayden gone she comes back for another hug. "Come here, Buttercup." 

Holding her here reminds me of waking up this morning. God she felt good in my arms. When she started squirming I wanted to tighten my arms and never let her go.

Now that Hayden is gone, Danny turns to check on Brook. I've missed him so much. I don't get visitations very often so I savor them when I do. 

"All bedder?" he asks her.

She nods, "Yeah, thanks for making me feel better, Danny." She smiles at him and reaches over to tickle his chin, "You're a little cutie pie!" 

Surprisingly, he smiles back at her. He's usually so wary of strangers. Maybe since they shared my chest for a while he's accepting her quicker.

I pet back over her head, "You ready, Baby?" 

Danny sits up taller in my arm and points to himself, "Me beebee."

I can't help but chuckle. I assure him, "Don't worry, you're still my baby boy."

Danny thinks about it for a second then points to Brook but looks at me, "Beebee gore?"