🌻 Chapter 40

🌻

My stomach lurches and my head spins. My legs feel like they are slowly turning into jello. I feel so confused, I need something and I can't figure out what it is. Neil wraps his arm around my waist and walks me off the balcony, to inside. Then he helps me down the little stairs to the elevator and leans me against the wall. He pulls out his phone and starts texting. 

"The car is going to pick us up and take us back to the hotel. Don't worry. I'm going to take care of you, Baby."

I'm frowning and blinking. Why is Neil taking care of me? Alexis comes out of the restroom next to the elevators and looks at me weird. "You alright, Baby B?"

I shake my head, "I don't feel so good." If I could remember, I would tell her what I need.

Neil puts his arm around me, "She just drank too much. I'm taking her back to the hotel."

Alexis is still frowning, she gets close so she can look at my face. She sniffs my breath. "I thought you were drinking water."

I nod, "Someone put something in my drink." Neil sucks in an exasperated breath. "We think." My speech is a little slurred now.

"Oh my God! Are you serious?! Neil, wait for us downstairs, I'll go get Chase." I hear her say "Oh my God," several more times as she walks away. 

She's going to bring me Ry. That's what I needed. Ry will make it all better.

Neil practically lifts me into the elevator. There are so many people talking. He has his arm around my waist holding me up against him. 

I hear someone say, "Is she alright?" I shake my head.

"Yeah. That open bar can really hit ya hard, you know?" 

Several people laugh. Someone near the front adds, "So true dude."

I told Neil I wasn't drinking, did he not understand? "I wanna call the police." He shushes me. "We need the police, Neil. What if it was the bartender?" My eyes are losing focus now.

The atmosphere in the elevator changes. Neil chuckles again, "She's just a little underage and worried about getting caught." The people laugh again. "It's okay you'll be twenty-one very soon, Sweetie. The police don't really care that you drank too much tonight. We'll go home and put you to bed. You'll sleep if off, everything will be fine in the morning." 

I don't understand why he is saying this. I try to pull away but he won't let me. He holds me tight to his side.

We are the last to leave the elevator and walk to the curb. Neil talks to the driver of a small car and helps me into the backseat. "Wheressss da limo?"

At the driver's insistence, Neil buckles me in. "Oh, that was for a fancy arrival. We are taking an Uber back." 

My head lols back onto the seat. "Oh." Then I remember about Alexis. "Wait! Whad abowd Ry? Alexis's gunna bring him."

Neil sighs, "You don't need him, Sweetheart. You have me. I'll treat you so much better than anyone else. I really love you, Brooklyn."

I try to shake my head, "No, you just have a crush."

His voice gets a little more urgent. "It's LOVE!" A grumble from the front seat. 

"Sorry." Neil takes my chin in his fingers, turning my head so I look at him. "I knew from the first moment I saw you that I loved you. My aunt had your picture on her bulletin board along with so many others and I begged for her to keep you on the show." His voice gets more serious. "So you owe me. I'm the one that got you selected so you really owe me, Brooklyn. You may not realize it yet but you love me too." He puts a wet kiss on my cheek. "We are going to be so happy together."