📷 Chapter 29

📷

Damn it. I should never have told her because now she's avoiding my touch. I know she's being sweet, trying to be nice by staying away. But it's getting so bad, I may have to fess up soon. And I really don't want to freak her out.

Last night, I was so damn pissed when Ralph had his hands all over her. He didn't care that she was uncomfortably leaning away from him. There's also the half naked manwhore dancer/waiter that has taken an interest in her. Although she doesn't seem to mind him as much. I didn't punch anyone's lights out yet so I'll call it a win.

"Where's the rest of my swimsuit?!" she calls from behind the curtain.

Skippy's annoying assistant, Phillip, moves closer, "What part are you missing?" 

Yeah, that's right, as luck would have it, we got Skippy as our photographer again. Actually it has nothing to do with luck since the photographers pick the models. I can't believe the fucker had the gall to pick us after the chemistry lab fiasco.

"The bottoms don't have the back part." She sounds worried. "You know the part that covers my..." She clears her throat. "...rear end."

God she's cute, she can't even say 'ass'. Such an innocent.

"Let me see." The assistant calls. 

I narrow my eyes at him. Brook comes out with a short silky robe on. She stops when she sees me in my swimsuit, her eyes rake from my head to my feet pausing to admire my chest. Her cheeks flush and I can't help but smirk at her adorable reaction. I bet she doesn't look at the asshole boyfriend this way.

Phillip taps his foot, "I need to see it to know if it's the right one." 

Brook blushes and opens her robe a bit. Dear God, this tiny thing is what they're dressing her in? Phillip starts to reach for her so I smack his hand away. Pervert. 

He frowns at me, shaking his assaulted hand, but says to her, "Yep, that's the one Skippy picked. It's a thong bikini, it's supposed to leave your cheeks bare." I don't like the way this guy looks at her, but I'm working hard to not punch anyone. "Skippy's already on location. Everything is loaded in the van, we're just waiting on you two. Let's go."

I can tell she isn't comfortable in this outfit. "Why don't you throw your dress on over it for the car ride."

She gives me her pretty smile, "Good idea! Thanks, Ry!" 

I pull on my sweatshirt while I wait. When she comes back out she looks more comfortable. We follow Phillip.

The ride is beautiful, we are going up the side of a mountain, the view of the coast is breathtaking from up here. It gives me a good excuse to look her direction. I can watch the view and her at the same time. She has this expression on her face that radiates joy. When she looks at new things her whole face lights up. There's a sparkle to her eyes and her mouth is slightly open as if she is in awe of what she's looking at. It's completely mesmerizing, I can't look away. I don't think I'm the only one addicted to looking at her. Probably one of the reasons she was chosen to be on this show. America is going to love her.

She stays staunchly on her side of the seat, careful to avoid my touch and it's frankly starting to grate on me. I think back to the feeling of having her in my lap last night at the luau, just the thought of it calms me.

Why did I even tell her about my aversion to touch? I've hardly ever told anyone, why her? I kinda know why though, I've grown fond of her. Which is so weird for me. I never care about anyone. I've always avoided getting close. Ms. Mackay was the only person I ever let myself care for. She was a substitute mom, a refuge for me in my life of chaos. Actually, now I need to add Danny to the list of people I care about. But Ms. Mackay and Danny are both like family.