🌻 Chapter 23

🌻

Robert continues, "There is pressure from the media for girls to be sexy, even before puberty. And for boys to be hyper-sexual through their teens. But most youth just want to enjoy themselves, have fun and not have to deal with such mature issues yet. Just like our work with consent, we want to make it natural and normal for anyone to say 'no' to sexual activities they aren't ready for, without fear of being teased or bullied about those decisions. We have a multi-pronged campaign planned to empower young people to hang onto their innocence as long as they want. Frankly, no one should feel pressure to do any type of sexual activity before they themselves feel ready. We are hoping our campaign will help make that belief more pervasive." 

This guy is right, I should be able to say 'no' to Max without feeling guilty. I should lose my virginity when I'm ready and not before. I really hope some of the pictures we took yesterday can help with his cause.

Chris directs us all to look at the screen. Ry and my pictures come up first. Wow, they look amazing. Cinna did a really good job. We have a series of three pictures. One with Ry and I petting a kitten. He is looking at me, not the kitten and I'm looking at the kitten and blushing. Who knows what we are saying but we look super sweet together. The second one is with Ry kneeling and giving me the pink carnation. You can tell on my face how happy I am. The last one is us with the puppies all over us. We are both laughing. It is obvious in the pictures that Ry is giving me space to feel relaxed and comfortable even though I look a bit shy.

Chris invites us to step down to stand beside him. The judges can't give us enough compliments. Everyone likes our pictures. Robert says, "Wow, this is exactly what I had in mind. You nailed it."

Photos for each team are shown, one after another. Each pair steps forward for their review. Ry and I stay in first place throughout all of them. The judges put Kartik and Sharmin in second place. I haven't ever spoken to Kartik. He has black hair and black eyes and beautiful mocha colored skin. I've seen him talk to other people but I just haven't gotten to know him. 

Sharmin was roommates with Ellie and I last night along with a girl I keep forgetting her name. Sharmin has very short brown hair with a pixie like face. She's very pretty, but even when I stayed in the same room as her last night she wouldn't really acknowledge me or talk to me. Maybe she's on team Alexis.

Speaking of which, Alexis and Scott got third place and it feels so good to beat them.

Unfortunately Trey and Rita get last place today. Their pictures weren't terrible but they were very plain, kinda boring honestly. I'm sad that Trey will be leaving, he's a nice guy.

Chris confirms the rank order with the judges then calls down Scott and Alexis to award their advantage. "Have you decided how you plan to use this week's advantage?"

Alexis is the one that responds, "Yes, we'd like to choose Steve as our photographer for next week's photoshoot." 

I smile because Cinna was such a great photographer for us and he's getting recognition not only by us winning first place today but also by Alexis using their advantage to choose him. I'm bummed that we won't get him as a photographer next week though.

Chris congratulates Ry and I on our first place win this week then turns to Robert, "Did any of the photographs or models catch your eye this week?"

Robert smiles and says, "Yes, absolutely. I'd like to offer a photoshoot to Chase and Brooklyn with the possibility of contracting for more. Your photos today are exactly what we want. I think your good-looks will be eye-catching in magazines and you can certainly pull off the innocent looks we were going for." 

My smile could not get bigger. I look back at Ry and he's smiling too, dimples out. I wonder how much money they will pay us for a photoshoot. I'm so excited!