🌻 Chapter 31

🌻

I had several more visitors yesterday but Ry didn't leave my side. He said the 'one visitor policy' didn't apply to him since it was his room too. Rhiannon came to me to do our interview in the hut. Stacy also dropped by and said that I was allowed to "...participate minimally in the schedule for tomorrow."

She also dropped a copy of the local newspaper on my lap. It was a picture of me! With an article about the runway show we did a few days ago. The picture is me kneeling down on the runway showing the turtle shoes to that rich woman. 

Stacy explains, "She's the Governor of Hawaii's wife. Read the article. She talks about how you graciously took the time to show her the shoes and what she thought of the collection." She smiles, "You did good." Praise! My favorite. Ry chuckles at my reaction.

After Stacy left I got the full story from Ry about what happened after I passed out at the photoshoot. However horrible it is, I'm kinda glad Ry accidentally squished Skippy's fingers between the rocks, so I could get treatment at the hospital. Ry also told me, beginning to end, more details about what happened at yesterday's ceremony. They never showed our photos from the frozen pool. I guess we couldn't win or lose this week. Ry wasn't sorry at all to see Paolo leave.

This morning Ry brought me breakfast in bed. To my delight he climbed in and ate his next to me. "Bacon AND sausage?!" I'm so easy to please.

Ry smirks, "Of course. You like both, right?" I nod, mouth full of sausage.

I worried all night about the upcoming photoshoot. Between bites, I mention it to Ry. "Ellie says it's a sexy photoshoot next." I sneakily watch for his reaction through my lashes.

Ry's jaw tightens, he's probably worried about if we have to touch. Or if I can even be sexy. 

"Yeah, the theme is Seduction. But we have Cinna so we should be fine. He's professional." I can't help but smile at Ry calling him Cinna.

I nod again, "Yeah." I make a bite with scrambled eggs on toast then take a drink of orange juice. "Hey Ry?" His eyebrows go up. "How do you like modeling so far? Do you think you could do this as a job?"

He thinks for a minute before answering, his eyes assessing me. "I do. The work isn't difficult. It beats my old jobs, fixing things for pennies, begging for work. If modeling can be a steady job, I think I'd like it. I actually enjoyed doing the runway show more than I would have thought. I never imagined liking that. And makeup and hair doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would." He takes a sip of coffee, "How 'bout you?"

I bite my lip, "I don't know if it's for me." I think about the Chemistry shoot and the most recent one. "I really didn't like wearing the little bikini in front of people. I'm glad they never showed my pictures." I remember back to the runway show. "And it was really stressful walking down the runway, especially carrying those heels." But then I remember the purity shoot, "But when we played with the animals, that was fun."

We finish eating and I take a warm shower and get dressed for the first time in days. It's our turn to do the Advantage Challenge. I wonder what we'll have to do.

We meet Chris in the meeting hut up by the lobby. He comes right over to greet me, he touches my shoulder, "Brooklyn, I'm so glad you're alright. You had us all worried there for a while." I don't know why but I feel like Chris is just acting concerned. Maybe because he's using his 'host voice'. There is a camera right behind him.

I give him a smile, "Thanks, Chris, I'm recovered now." He explains the rules of the challenge to us, then starts the timer and lets us go for it. 

We have a pile of fashion logos on cardstock. We need to put them in the right envelopes with the name of the fashion company. The envelopes are hanging on the wall. Ry and I spread out the logos a bit on the conference table.