🌻 Chapter 8

🌻

Spa day. I'm wearing little white jean shorts that are rolled up and a pale teal tank top. I had a shower and a quick breakfast before we left. We rode here in the limos and I got a seat again. Yay! I obliviously laid back in the seat and thought: a nice spa day, what could go wrong? I was a naive little sprout back then.

It's my first time in a spa. The term 'spa assembly line' would better describe what is happening. We are each at a 'station' and they are shuffling us from one room to the other, performing treatments on us like rent is due. I don't think the boys' stations are the same as ours. Well, unless they also got all the hair on their lower bodies removed.

You heard that correctly. I am utterly traumatized. I no longer have hair from my belly button down. Now, if they had shaved me, it would be no big deal. But the quick, violent waxing they just performed was an experience that will haunt me until my death bed. If it was just my legs I might have been able to recover. But no one should have this procedure on their... you know. 

I honestly feel like rocking back and forth in a fetal position for a few hours. But they shuffled me off to the pedicure station so now some woman is cutting away my cuticles to continue the day of torture. I am seriously trying not to cry. Very consciously, breathing deeply in and out.

Luckily, I think this is the last station. I did manicure, body scrub, wax torture, and hydra-facial already. I think the boys got a massage and I swear if one of them even looks at me wrong... well, I don't know, but it won't be good.

My toes look cute. A little bloody, but cute. Rhiannon motions to a bench for me to sit on and be out of the way. A place to let my toes dry. I'm glad I already did my interview with her this morning. I would not be fit company now that I've been waterboarded.

There are some bottles of water and snacks on the table. I sit sideways with my feet up on the bench and rest my back against the wall and sip on water, pulling my knees into my chest. I resist the temptation to rock.

Rhiannon seats Alexis on the bench across the table from me. I fold my arms over my knees and bury my face in them. I cannot deal with her right now. Breathe in, breathe out, don't cry. My skin feels really sensitive all over like its covered with baby bruises. Why did they have to... ugh! There of all places? It isn't like anyone will see, who cares if there was some hair?

I feel a brush over my leg as someone gives a relaxed sigh, "Ahhhh." I look up to find Hayden sitting next to me stretching his neck side to side. "How you doin' Hometown? All calm after your spa time?"

My mouth opens then closes. I do not reply. I glare. Then I lower my head back into my arms. He chuckles and rubs over my legs again, "Your legs feel really smooth, it couldn't have been that bad."

I lift my head, still glaring. My anger is keeping me from crying now, so in a weird way he is helping. "If you didn't just have a treatment called a 'bikini wax' Hayden, you need to shut the heck up." Oh wow, I have a surly side. Who knew? 

Haydie's eyes go wide then he throws his head back in laughter. I bury my head again. He is still chuckling when he talks, "Oh no! Sweetie. Are you okay?" His hand brushes back and forth over my head. I shake it back and forth telling him 'no, I'm not okay.'

I hear Alexis across the table, "You've never had a bikini wax before?! Ew! That's disgusting! I can't believe your boyfriend puts up with full bush. So gross." My boyfriend? Why would Max have anything to do with... OH! Gosh no! Does she know I'm still in high school? I'm barely an adult!

I don't lift my head to acknowledge her, I'm not in the mood. I hear Hayden say, "Leave her the hell alone, Alexis. You and your bitch squad need to find someone else to pick on." Thank you, Hayden.