📷 Chapter 45

📷

"I want alcohol."

My eyebrows come together, "What?"

"Get me some of those little bottles of alcohol." 

Who is she right now? I've never heard her talk like this. No please? No asking for permission? I'm glad she is getting more sure of herself, but I hope being hurt by her family, and me, isn't changing her.

"I don't think that's such a good idea, Buttercup."

Her eyelids lower, "Brooklyn. Call me Brooklyn." I sigh. "I've had a rough couple of days by anyone's standard. I want to relax, stop overthinking. Monica had a couple suggestions. Alcohol was one of them." 

While I'm glad she's getting support from her friend, I don't agree with her friend's method of dealing with this. I used to use alcohol to escape. But after my accident and jail time I found better coping methods. 

"There are healthier ways to relax. Maybe you could read or play a game on your phone."

She frowns, clearly not liking my suggestions. "You asked what you could do to help. Get me alcohol." I sigh. Bossy girl. 

"How are you doing today, Darlin'?" The flirty stewardess smiles, flipping her long wavy blond hair over her shoulder. "My name is Becky Jean." She points to her name tag which is a little closer to her boob than is usual. "What can I get for you, Good Lookin'?" 

"Can I get a bottle of Irish cream?" Brook isn't used to drinking, I think the sweetness will appeal to her.

Brooklyn leans over me, "Two. He wants two of them." The stewardess raises her eyebrows like she didn't know we are together. And now she knows the drinks aren't for me, despite the fact that she's currently checking my ID. Brooklyn looks at me, "Right? I thought you said you wanted two."

I nod, "Yep, I'll take two Irish creams."

The stewardess swipes my credit card and hands the little bottles to me with a wink. "Alright, Sugar. I'll be happy to give you whatever you want." She emphasizes the 'whatever'.

Brooklyn glares at her as she leaves then snags the bottles from my tray table and turns toward the window. Ten minutes later she turns back. My eyes haven't left her. "I want more." I sigh again. My face shows my disapproval. "What?! It's actually helping me relax!" She narrows her eyes at me, "You owe me, Chase."

My shoulders go down. I hate the sound of that name coming from her lips. She's supposed to call me 'Ry.' 

"There's a two drink limit on flights less than four hours." I point to where it says that on the in-flight menu.

She pulls her lips into her mouth and raises her eyebrows. Clearly she isn't as impressed by the rules as she usually is. "It's like the first rule you ever wanted to follow in your life." I touch my chest with my fingertips like her words have wounded me and she almost breaks a smile. "You heard Becky Jean, she'll give you whatever  you want. She's right up there in front. Go flirt with her or something. But I want four this time."

I breathe out in exasperation, "Don't you think watching a movie could get your mind off things? Let's see if there's something good." 

I go to touch the screen on the seat in front of her but she grabs my wrist. Her hands are cold, but I'm sorry to say that any touch from her feels amazing. I freeze like a statue, letting her hold my hand outstretched in front of her.

"I'm not asking you to touch her, just flirt with her. Ask her for her number or something. You know how to get what you want." I give her a skeptical look even though I know it would be easy. "You're the hottest guy she's ever seen in her life. Go." She doesn't let go of my wrist yet. "Get me four. And something stronger than the last kind. Like vodka or rum or something."