🌻 Chapter 36

🌻

I'm getting tired of dancing. I had fun for a while but people are getting really drunk. Not to mention that Ralph and Kane are both getting more touchy. While Ry was sitting in a chair watching, both of these guys kept their distance. But as soon as he and Alexis left, they made their move. I move closer to Hayden but he is very popular tonight since it's his birthday and I don't want to push girls out of the way.

Ellie was super fun to dance with earlier but she got a little tipsy. Which is a nice way to say she got a really drunk. Rhiannon and I had to help her back to her room.

Sharmin has Scott by the hand and they move toward the huts so I'm able to move a little closer to Hayden and a little farther from Ralph's hands. Haydie reaches out to grab me and pulls me to him spinning me around. I can't help but laugh. I stand on tip toes and yell in his ear. "I'm going to bed, Hei Hei."

He pouts and I don't know if it's because I'm leaving or because I'm calling him the same name as the rooster from Moana. He lifts up his wrist and points to the bracelet that I got for him for his birthday. 

"I love it, Hometown!" 

That was a pretty mundane statement from Hayden so I think he's pretty sloshed too. The bracelet is volcanic rock beads on a silver chain. In the middle is a charm of Hei Hei the rooster.

"I hope you had a Happy Birthday!" I yell over the music.

He pulls me in for a hug and says, "The best! It was the best!" I can't help but smile.

As I walk away, I'm glad that there are cameramen and Rhiannon to supervise everyone. I wouldn't want someone to fall into the fire.

I step into our cabin and I can hear the shower going. I'll have to wait until Ry's done to get ready for bed. I decide to go check out the dining hut. Sometimes they put out snacks at night. Last time they had bags of chips. Yum.

I walk up the hill and am surprised when I open the door to find Alexis sitting at a table with discarded chip bags and plates of desserts on the table in front of her. Chocolate dots her mouth and chin. And there are distinct Cheeto smears on her cheek and fingers. I've never seen Alexis eat junk food before. And even if I had, this would be a shocking scene. She's currently holding a piece of chocolate pie in her hand, eating it in a way that makes me think she is starving to death.

She hasn't noticed me yet so I move closer to her table. "Alexis, you alright?

Her head snaps up, "Do I look like I'm alright?" 

The tone is definitely how she usually speaks to me. But I can't tell if it's the mouthful of pie or her drunken state that adds a slurred aspect to it. I approach cautiously and leave the table in between us for defensive reasons. 

"Is there anything I could do to help?"

She frowns at me and puts the pie down. I think she was aiming for a plate but it lands on the table. Her bottom lip comes out in a pout. 

Her inarticulation is still there, even when she whines, "I don't understand what he sees in you. Why YOU of all people?" 

I don't know how to answer this. She looks at me like she's disgusted. She vaguely points at me. 

"You're just so... so... echhh." She gags. "And I'm so... so... perfect!" She nods like she agrees with herself. "I dress great and I'm beautiful and sexy. And I am a real woman, not a fuckin' baby!" Her pout and whine come back. "But Chase just wants you." Oh! I see. "You're the only one he ever touches. He holds your hand and hugs you. Arghhhhh! I can't understand why!" She looks into my eyes, although hers aren't fully focused. She mumbles, "Why would he pick you over me?" She picks up a chunk of brownie and shoves it in her mouth.