🌻 Chapter 10

🌻

After finishing our filming, we head to the limos. I watch as Ryland approaches Ralph, "We had a deal."

Ralph nods as they continue to walk toward the cars. He seems grumpy after losing. "Whatever. I'll back off. But if Cherry wants it, I'm not turning her down." Are they talking about me? What would I want? Pie? I do like pie, but I've never tried cherry.

Ryland is still in a good mood because he chuckles and says, "Yeah dream on, Old Man. That is never happening."

There are no seats left so I, again, am on someone's lap. Hayden pats his legs, "You're the winner today Hometown, you get the best seat in the house." I roll my eyes. These confident boys.

I try to sit up on the way back but as we drive more and more, I start to melt back into Hayden until I'm resting my back on his chest and the back of my head on his shoulder. "You tired, Hometown?"

I nod, "Yeah, Ry totally wore me out, we had to run at breakneck speed from puzzle to puzzle. I think I may need to start working out." I hear both boys chuckle at my comment.

I overhear Draven whine, "Oh God! He's totally wasted on her. She doesn't even know his name is Chase! She calls him Ryan! What an idiot!" It's not worth correcting her.

When we get back to the mansion it's still early evening. The sun has barely started to go down. Some people go upstairs but most sit around on couches and kitchen stools. I notice that when Ryland sits on the couch Chrissy nearly trips over herself to sit next to him. And pretty red haired Fiona quickly sits on his other side. They are both talking to him and giving him flirty smiles. As usual, he has no reaction.

There are no seats left so I stand behind a couch. I consider sitting on the floor, but don't make the move yet.

Samantha says, "We should play a game where we can get to know each other!" I can't help but smile because it's a really good idea. "We should each ask a question and everyone can answer."

I guess Alexis approves because she says, "I'll go first. If you could hook up with one person in history, who would it be? No consequences." She smiles at everyone then adds, "I'd pick Harry Styles, but after his One Direction years."

There is a general murmur and Chrissy says, "Oooo, sexy! I'd do Ryan Gosling from The Notebook." I kinda listen to some of the answers but I'm trying to think of my own so I don't hear them all. I'm not going to sound prudish and say I wouldn't 'hook up' with anyone, even though I really would not. They don't need any new reasons to hate me. It is just a hypothetical question anyway.

Several actors and musicians are mentioned. Ellie says, "David Beckham, when he played for Manchester United."

Hayden says, "Taylor Swift. I'd make her fall in love with me then break her heart." He smiles big, "Then I'd get a song written about me."

Ryland says, "Pass." And I frown at him for being a party pooper.

Hayden yells, "Boooo!"

Thrash calls out, "Dude, I'd pick Busty Barbie from Onlyfans. She's my dream girl." I don't know what Onlyfans is but with a name like Busty Barbie, I'm very glad that he doesn't elaborate.

When they get to me, I'm ready, "A few years ago I would have said Takumi Usui from Maid-Sama but since he proposed to Misaki Ayuzawa I feel like I'd be cheating on her. So I'll pick Sebastian Michaelis. Sebby is so super sexy." I smile. I think that was such a great answer. I even used the word 'sexy'. I'm practically one of them.

But everyone is quiet and when I look around most people are staring at me like I said something crazy. Several have their mouths open. Ryland looks amused.