CHAPTER 21: ELIZABETH MEETS SOMEONE SPECIAL

I was walking on the 3rd floor and going towards Lily's room when I bumped into someone. I looked up to see a woman in her late 40s . I was apologize when she beat me to it and said first, " I am very sorry child. I did not see where I was walking." 

" No No ma'am it is not your fault. I was only being absent minded not seeing where I was walking. Please forgive me. Are you okk? Did you get hurt somewhere? " I asked checking her if she got hurt somewhere.

"No my child . I am completely fine. By the way what is your name?" she asked as we walked on the floor together.

"My name is Elizabeth Miller ma'am." 

Ohh do you work in here?" she inquired again.

"No ma'am not exactly. Actually I collaborated with this company on a project. I have to work here only till the project gets completed."

" Ahh I see . That is really very nice. So you are working with Xavier Giovanni."

"Yes that is right ma'am. I am working with Xavier Giovanni only."

That was when we heard a confused voice saying, "Mom!" 

I looked ahead to see Xavier staring at the woman beside me and then at me intensely and he asked, " Mom what are you doing here?" I got a bit confused. Who is he calling mom?

" Ohh Xavier. I was just talking with this young lady over here. She seems to be a nice girl and I heard that you people work together." 

Elizabeth turned her face and did not look in his eyes. She was embarrassed. She did not know that the lady she was being so frank with just some moments ago was the mother of Xavier. She thought that she also worked in here and that was why she was enquiring about her work.

She did not look in Xavier's eyes and turned to Adrianna and said," Ma'am I would like to take my leave now. I have some work. " 

Before she could move ahead, Adrianna held her hand and said, " Stop my child. I do not think that your boss in here is going to say something to you if you talk to his mother for sometime. You do not need to get afraid of him. Do not worry, he won't scold you. You come spent some time with me. I would love to talk to you."

Elizabeth could only nod her head with a smile. How could she tell this woman that she was not worried but was embarrassed that Xavier would feel that she talked to his mother due to a reason. She did not want him to think of her as a desperate woman.

However now that the lady in here was asking her to stay with her, she just could not refuse to her orders and make her feel bad about it. She was a good woman who just talked to her very nicely. She was not used to be treated so nicely by the older people that is why when Adrianna asked her to stay with her, she did.

The little girl inside her was still seeking a little attention. She could not help but feel that for Adrianna. She looked like a very kind lady.

She looked at Xavier to find him looking at her intensely. She then looked at Adrianna and said, "Alright ma'am , I would come with you."

IN XAVIER'S OFFICE

I was sitting along with Adrianna ma'am on my right side. Xavier sir was sitting in the front where as she was asking me loads of questions since a long time.

That was when she asked me yet another question that left me confused," Are you by any chance married my child."

Xavier's ears perked up at that. But not giving him another look, I said, " No ma'am I am not married. "

Ohh then are you in any relationship." she asked again. 

I passed a look at Xavier and he was also looking at me but kept mum making a face that showed that he was not much eager to know the answer. I turned my head to Adrianna again and said, " No ma'am, I am not in a relationship as well." 

She jumped up excitedly on that thought and said," That is so nice. Then maybe I could set you up with my son, What say Xavier."

Xavier who was till now mute listening to the conversation going on between us said , "Whatever you feel like mom."

Was it his way to say that he was ready to come in a relationship with me? I could not help but give a faint smile. He on the other side seemed to hide his face but his flushed face told an entirely different story. 

Adrianna looked between the 2 of them and thought something in her mind and then said, "Right, Elizabeth here would be perfect for my Asher . What say Xavier."

Xavier who was till now all happy frowned on the question and said, " What? For A- Asher?" his voice still unsure and his mind processing the things that his mom said. Maybe he heard something wrong. Maybe she was saying his name and said Asher's name by mistake. Just maybe!

Adrianna on the other side could not help wonder " Who the hell is this Asher and why the hell would he come in between us." but then frowned on her own thought, " Wait there is no us!" "It is not like we are in a relationship. We just kissed. That's it."

She was thinking all this when Adrianna dropped yet another bomb on the 2. That was when they thought, " Maybe Adrianna's idea of visiting the office today was not so good after all. Had she not come here today, she would have not given such a weird idea."

"Asher with Elizabeth. No way! It is not happening." thought an extremely angry Xavier Giovanni.

.....................................................................................................................................

*************

HAPPY 10 K GUYS. ANOTHER MILESTONE OUR STORY HAS COMPLETED. TODAY, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE STAYED WITH ME IN THIS JOURNEY OF MINE SINCE THE VERY STARTING.❤️

HAD YOU PEOPLE NOT BEEN SO SUPPORTIVE, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO REACH THIS HIGH.🥰

I AM VERY HAPPY TODAY. SO I HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU ALL A SURPRISE.😁

A DOUBLE UPDATE.😉😎

CHECK FURTHER TO KNOW MORE.

ALSO TO ALL THE SILENT READERS. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT. IT WOULD MOTIVATE ME A LOT TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN. ALSO loganbrakfield and ishaniarora1 I did not see your comments on the previous chapters. I was waiting. Please comment guys. Love you all loads.😘

TILL THEN TAKE CARE.😊