CHAPTER 27: THE HURTFUL WORDS

The next day came sooner than expected. Elizabeth was ready to go to her office. She had thoroughly decided that she would not keep any expectations with Xavier and keep their relation strictly professional. She won't even address him by his name from now.

She would complete her contract, get her money and would go to search for another new contracts. Well she had been preparing for one such contract.

She had sent a tender overseas, to India. She just had to see if it works well or not.

If every thing goes as expected, she would be going to India in a few days so as to do her work there. No more Xavier, no more bad memories.

At office:

Elizabeth went straight away to her cabin. She did not even see if Xavier had arrived or not. The whole day, she was doing work in her office.

She needed to finish this project fast so as to start the work of the project she had to send the tender about to India.

Shekhawats were a big name. And doing 2 successful projects one after the other would probably be a really good thing for her. She would soon become known. And who knows that they might collaborate again.

Elizabeth had her plan ready in her mind. She did not get everything served in a silver platter even though she belonged to a rich family. She rather had to work hard for each and everything she gets.

That was the reason she was self made and her brothers were not. Off course she was damn better.

Speaking of her brothers, she did remember Antonio and even Alexander in a certain corner of her heart. Not that she can say that out loud. But she does and she knows that she does.

She just does not want to say that aloud. One moment and all the memories they had spent were badly broken. The good dream was over and in come hitting the brutality of the world she was forced to bear alone at a very young age.

She faced it all and now she was stronger than before.

Strength grew as the time passed and it would continue to grow further.

The time had come to return to her home when the door barged open and in walked Xavier in all his attitude.

Elizabeth almost scoffed looking at him. How dare he show her his face after what happened yesterday.

Instead of apologizing, he came and asked her straight forwardly, "Why did you run away yesterday?" indicating as if it was her fault.

"Dood I ran away because I did not want to see you romance with someone else." mocked her conscience.

FLASHBACK:

Elizabeth was about to leave from her home when she heard sound of someone falling followed by a female giggling.

She could not control her curosity and barged inside the room.

She was left shocked by what she saw.

There was Xavier sitting on a couch with the girl sitting almost in his lap. And moreover he was shirtless and she had a tissue in her hand with which she was trying to wipe something off giggling.

However Xavier's eyes were closed as if he was enjoying the feeling and she continued giggling.

Not being able to witness anything anymore, she ran out of the room closing the door with a bang.

FLASHBACK OVER

Listen Elizabeth . It is not what you saw yesterday. You have misinterpreted things." said Xavier his voice almost pleading her to believe him.

"Not that I care Mr. Giovanni. What ever happens between you and your girlfriend, you do not need to tell that to me at all. It is your personal matter." said Elizabeth trying to move away from him but he kept hold of her elbow and brought her back to her original place i.e. in front of him.

"Let me go Mr. Giovanni. This is highly unprofessional. You cannot do that. I am working here with you and if someone sees us like this it would not be right." said Elizabeth her voice almost softening at the end.

"But you need to listen baby. It is not what you think of it to be." said Xavier trying to explain his point.

"Natasha is my...." before he could speak further, Elizabeth pushed him and said , "I do not want to listen what was going on between you and that Natasha girl. You do not discuss your personal matters with me please. It is not like I am your friend. Or your girlfriend for that matter." said Elizabeth looking in Xavier's eyes.

"We just kissed. I mean thousands of people kiss each other. That does not means that they have feelings for each other. We were another case amongst them." said Elizabeth almost trying to reassure themselves about what she was saying.

Xavier looked at her with hurt filled eyes.

"Did the kiss meant nothing to you at all Elizabeth. Did meeting my family also meant nothing to you." asked Xavier so that she could say something that would stop his heart from breaking further.

"It meant nothing to you Mr. Giovanni. That is why on the very next day of that kiss, you were having some other girl sitting in your lap."

"What were you guys trying to do hunn, what did I interrupt. Did I accidently interrupted your fucking session. I am sorry , I did not know about that. I would try to knock each time I would enter your room from next time . "

"But you could have taken the girl to your penthouse, why were you guys fucking in the office. Or that was what you did. Because you did not even have time to explain to a girl who was waiting for one just one phone call of yours the whole night but you seemed to be too busy to let that happen."

"Sorry sir, but I would like you to please leave me. I would not like to be your whore." Elizabeth spurted all the venom she had stored inside her.

She did not even see that Xavier was looking at her with such disbelief in his eyes.

But post that something happened that left both of them thinking that was it really right for them to come face to face so early. Was it right for the two of them to keep so many expectations from each other.

ANOTHER UPDATE. THIS ONE IS FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAD MESSAGED ME ASKING FOR UPDATES.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENTS.

THE VOTES HAVE NOT BEEN GROWING. IT HAS BEEN STANGNANT FOR THE LAST CHAPTERS.

PEOPLE ARE READING BUT NOT VOTING. IS IT THAT YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT LIKING THE CHAPTERS. OR YOU PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE MY WRITING STYLE.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TELL ME IF THAT IS THE CASE.

BYE BYE .🙌

AUTHOR