CHAPTER 55: THE MYSTERY OF ELDOS MILLER

"Dad please, just tell me who is this Eldos Miller and how is he related to us?" Elizabeth asked, getting tired of not getting an answer to the question she asked.

"Elizabeth! Please you tell me how do you know that man?" Alessandro asked as he was shocked to hear his name that too from his daughter's mouth.

She had never met him.

Alessandro made sure that he would never get near her. Or so he thought.

"Sir, that man has attacked Elizabeth numerous times." Xavier said as he interrupted the conversation which was going on in between the father and the daughter and was going nowhere.

"What do you mean? How could he attack her?" Alessandro asked taken aback by what he just heard.

"I would tell you everything Mr. Miller. But for that, you need to tell me first that how is that guy related to your family. And mind me. I said I need to know every single detail." Xavier said emphasizing on his last words.

"Have a seat guys. It is going to be a long conversation" Alessandro sighed and said.

Everybody in the room seated as their heartbeat grew fast.

"Eldos is my younger brother........." Alessandro started telling the tale because of which everything messed up in their family's life.

Especially, Elizabeth's life was completely ruined because of it.

"We used to work together earlier. He...... he used to handle the shipment of the good's part in the mafia." Alessandro said looking at them.

Elizabeth and Xavier already knew that Elizabeth's family was a part of the mafia. So that was not a news for them.

However, they did not know that Alessandro had a younger brother.

Never had Elizabeth thought that she would have somebody in her life who would spoil her whole life.

And cherry on the cake was that that person was a part of her own family. But he was somebody she did not even know.

"But we got to know that he was slowly transferring the money in his accounts. Basically, he was illegally transferring the mafia's funds under his name."

"There was a time that we had gone to financial crisis because of it. We had no idea where the money was going. That was when I personally decided to take the matters in my own hand."

"We checked for the previous shipment bills and track records but there was no mistakes from the accounts of the purchasers. In fact, even the money had been credited to our accounts."

"But the money did not stay." Alessandro said and Elizabeth and Xavier looked at each other's face.

They were somewhere able to figure out what must have happened. But they did not want to rush on some conclusion.

Instead, they wanted to know the whole matter instead of judging the situation.

"I asked my people but there was something off about the situation. We were going into financial losses despite of having tons of money. We did not know where all the money was going."

"That was when I grew suspicious about Eldos's involvement in the whole scenario. He was the one who managed the financial aspect of the mafia." Alessandro explained further.

"I back traced the money which was debited from the main account and found a common account name where all the money was being sent."

"However, there was no records formally registered because of which we were not able to know about that money earlier."

"When I gathered the information about that account, I got to know that Eldos was the one who was secretly trying to steal the money from our Mafia." Alessandro completed what he wanted to say.

"But when I confronted him about it, instead of being sorry about the whole scenario, he did something else. He admitted that he wanted to remove me from the mafia and he would be able to do that only when he tranfers all the funds under his name taking the majority stake."

"I was the leader of the mafia. As I was the elder one, hereditarily, I was the one who would be crowned the king. And he was not happy about it."

"I tried to give him a chance. But the, he did something which resulted me to banish him from the mafia." Alessandro said as the atmosphere grew tense.

"I had asked him to stay away from the mafia related work and from our house. But instead of listening to me, he kidnapped an year old Alexander from your mother's room."

"He took him and ran far away from here. But due to support from our fellow mafia gang's , we were able to track him back. We released Alexander from his captivity and a meeting was held amongst all the mafia groups. That was when it was officially decided that Eldos Miller would not have any further link with anybody related to the mafia and he was permanently banished from here."

"However, I did not have any idea that he would return. I thought that we had buried that chapter of Eldos Miller a long time back." Alessandro said expressing his concern.

"I........." Elizabeth wanted to speak something but was overwhelmed about the whole matter.

Her throat clogged and words did not come out of her mouth,

"It's alright. We are together in this. We would fight it together." Xavier said rubbing her back side hugging her gently.

Alessandro was noticing the exchange of glances between the two. 

He could clearly see how Xavier was trying to comfort her.

Somewhere, he knew that Elizabeth had made the right choice for herself and maybe, he would not have been able to find such a good man for his own daughter.

He was proud of what she had become. She was not a weak girl who needed other's support in her life. She was more than capable to fight his own battles.

"I am sorry sweetheart. Because of me, you had to face a lot in your life." Alessandro said, his face showing the amount of guilt he had in his heart.

"Sir, I would like you to tell everything to your sons. They deserve to know everything. We should clear every misunderstanding" Xavier suggested something which could probably mend the broken family.

Maybe, he was the thread who could bind all these broken beads together.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

I SWEAR I WAS IN NO MOOD TO WRITE.

I KNOW THAT YOU ALL ARE WAITING FOR THE UPDATE BUT MY SCHEDULE IS VERY VERY TIGHT. ALSO, I WOULD NOT LIE, I AM VERY LAZY.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON THE CHAPTER.

COME ON GUYS! GIVE ME THE MOTIVATION TO GIVE YOU THE UPDATES FAST.