Prologue- Teaser - Please give me another chance!!!

Author's POV:

He stood in front of the dressing mirror and took a look at himself. He sure was a good looking man. He never doubted it. He was always popular amongst the female population for his good looks however his arrogance and attitude had broken a lot of hearts in that journey.

One such...had disturbed him too.

He ignored it, tried to get over it, drank over it, partied, travelled distances yet her last voice message still echoed in his ears.

Please baby...I know everyone is lying. You cannot leave me like this. I remember you told me that you love me. I still can't forget your kisses, your hugs, your embrace. It's the 21st day I'm calling you. Everyone says you fled away leaving me all alone. But I know you. I don't know the reason why you did this but I trust you and I will wait for you.

Remember I love you.

He closed his eyes recalling that voice message which was still on his phone. 12 years. It had been 12 big years to that voice message. It was her last voice message for him. The last time she had ever spoken to him. Then he didn't want to hear her voice. It irritated him. More of the guilt of leaving her all by herself was killing him.

He was always a heart breaker. He never believed in the concept of love after his mother left his father to be with her boyfriend. He had begged his mother to come back but she had not even paid him a visit. She threw him out of his life like he was a rotten tooth. If that was love he never wanted it for himself. So he did everything...from flirting to sexting, from dating to fucking them on his bed...he was a playboy of the worst kind but one thing he never did was.. love.

And he feared that this girl probably evoked that emotion inside him and that scared him. He had planned to never fall into that destructive pit but little did he know that love cannot be planned. It just happens. Maybe ignoring her and leaving her behind, he left a piece of himself with her back then and now when he saw her after 12 big years, he realised how precious she was and what emotion this indeed is.

Unsure and unsteadily maybe he had started falling for her.

She wasn't the same high school girl he met then, her chic pony tail had now grown into lush long hair mostly braided or tied in a bun. Her mouth always chewing the gum and shooting sarcastic fiercest slangs and comebacks had now gone quiet and more respectful however even her silence had a strong pull. He was being pulled towards her mercilessly.

Her mini skirts flaunting her perfect buttocks had now taken a complete U-turn and got hidden under mostly beautiful cotton sarees. Her tom-boyish tank tops and tshirts were now replaced by more girlish floral blouses and kurtas. Her metallic studs and hoops were now full blown jhumkas and chaand balis, to add on now there were nose rings and nose studs with bindi that resided permanently on her forehead making her look like a goddess.

He couldn't judge if she turned more beautiful with time or if she was always that gorgeous but he couldn't see anything beyond her body. He admired her back then but not for her intellects or her talent but only for being the girl with the bulkiest breasts in school and perfect ass. And now he can't see anything beyond her beautiful soul.

She donated food for the poor and hungry, she donated a portion of her salary every month giving free education to kids, she visited old age homes so she could share the love she had for a human being beyond age and gender. Why was he blinded towards her qualities back then. He had seen her feeding biscuits to stray dogs back then in school and college as well but all he was interested in was to look at her when she bent to feed them.

He had broken her heart... true but now that God had given him another chance, he didn't want to let it go. He was going to get engaged to the woman his mind kept going back to for the last 12 years. He was the happiest when both families had hugged and exchanged sweets planning this proposal but her silence had scared him.