Prologue - Teaser - You hurt so good!!!🥹💔

Author's POV:

Biting her lower lip she tried to get a grip over her emotions. She has tried. She is still trying and she has been trying for the last six months... he's unmoved.

She was slowly losing hope yet she knew she was put up for a longer battle. She wasn't in the game initially but he was so bad yet so good that she was helplessly now in this game. The game which she knew she would always lose. But sometimes losing gives more happiness than winning it all.

And she was a hopeless looser.

But he...he wouldn't want to do anything about it. And that hurts.

She never knew she would end up like this. She was the brave one. She survived so much in last six months. From loosing her big family, to loosing all her luxury and property to her selfish uncle and aunt who sat on her father's hard earned money like vultures. So when her Cutu uncle who is also her father in law now, offered to get her married to his son who is fifteen years elder to her, she was skeptical. She thought even he was trying to take advantage of the situation. But she trusted Cutu uncle more than anyone and then HE happened to her.

He was clear from day one. He's doing this to only be her legal guardian. So she could get back her father's property. After all her late father and his father were childhood buddies. She has visited his home almost every summer vacation. He remembers seeing her in her floral frock, running nose and oily braided hair, always crying for little things. He ignored her royally and always stayed away from the girl. He found her annoying back then.

But now...they were bound together. Even if it's for the sake of this society whom he never cared about, it was still called marriage.

They were husband and wife. She was 21 and he was 36.

She didn't think she would ever look at him in a different light. After all his past was dirty. He had made it clear to her on day one that they will only be husband and wife for the world. Inside the four walls of his lavish bungalow, she would always remain a stranger to him.

Then she didn't care. Infact she was happy. She didn't want anything other than concentrating on completing her MBBS. It was her late father's dream for her. It was all that she wanted since her childhood days. No...not because she wanted to be a doctor, LOL!!! She still doesn't know what she wants in life. But...her father wanted her to be a doctor. And she is fulfilling his dream.

But now she has been dreaming more. Ever since what happened at her uncle's party last month, she is a changed person. She doesn't know what changed that night but he became the most important man in her life after her father.

She didn't know if it was love but she knew that if she would bare children someday, it would only be from this man. She was loyal towards a marriage which wasn't a marriage in the first place.

But then!!!

What she saw tonight left her shattered.

It's not that she didn't trust him but she didn't trust that girl. His secretary. Anushka!!!

She has been noticing how she tries to touch him, feel him and he doesn't say anything. It angers her always but tonight she saw her on his bed.

Their bed!!!

Fine!!! They don't stay in the same bedroom and everyone in the house is aware of it. Even her father in law but they are her family. Who was Anushka?

Who gave her the rights to step into his room. The flashes of Anushka lying upon him while his shirt buttons were open and he was almost unconscious brought chills down her spine and anger erupted inside her chest. Anushka's smirk still irritated her as she rubbed her lips and flaunting her dishelved lipstick and left the room. The kiss marks on his chest added fuel to the fire.