Chapter 14

VANSHIKA

'They kept asking if Vanshu came home...But I managed to convince them!!!' and I looked at Tikki and gulped. He passed me the cold drink bottle and I took a sip. We were sitting right now in Tikki's car and the phone was connected to bluetooth. We were already touching the highway. Tikki did not delay for even a second when he got the news regarding Daadu's men entering Dakshina Kannada borders. They hadn't stepped into Surathkal and we already left from there. Tikki did not want to take any risks.

'Aunty are you fine?' I asked when she chuckled saying

'What will happen to me Vanshu!!! I am perfectly fine. I just want to make sure you are good!!! I have considered you like my own child for last twelve years. No one can do anything against my daughter's will. I may not be as rich and powerful like your grandfather but I'm determined. I am determined that no one can forcefully barge into your life. Not that man for sure who tried to ruin and scar you so badly in the past whose remains are still fresh on you baby!!! Your family should have understood that you needed space. Well now that they don't...We don't care! Your happiness matters the most. Karthik will take care of you. Just be safe hmmm?' she said and I wanted to hug her tightly. The reason why I consider her like a family away from family.

Disconnecting the call I leaned onto the passenger seat and started looking outside the window. Fresh air from the Maravanthe beach was hitting my face dishelving my hair. The uncomfortable beach waves were suddenly hitting the roads and then hugging the warm sea yet coming back as waves hit the road which again felt very personal. My life had turned into something exactly like this.

Rajveer Khandelwal had made me an uncomfortable wave. Neither could I hug my family and cry it out nor could I stay away from the sea.

'Dont think so much!!! Have the cold drink and relax!!!' Tikki said when I spoke up

'I cannot understand why don't people understand when I say that I need privacy? Why did random men step into your house? Why is Daadu adamant to find me? You know what...I just want to directly give him a call and ask him!!!' saying I abruptly picked Tikki's phone and started to dial Daadu's number but he immediately snatched my phone abruptly bringing the car to halts as he yelled

'Marla Nikka? Buddhi ijji ata Nikka? (Are you crazy? Don't you use your brains?)' he yelled and I looked at him. He took a deep breath and said

'Look Shikanji...he is your grandfather. I understand!!! He must be worried. I understand that too but if you call him now and try to explain him he would know your location. And I don't know how he would react. To add on that jerk has tagged along and looking at their bonding it's very clear that he hasn't confessed his fault. Why would he? The man who didn't have the balls to apologise to you all these years...why would he accept his mistake...no...crime!!!' Tikki fumed when I bit my lower lip and looked at him

'You are right Tikki. It's just that I want to tell Daadu to give me some time-'

'You already have Vanshika!!! They didn't listen to you. Look right now you have two options...either face him and tell him everything...this I already suggested to you before you took the stupid decision to run away from your engagement and now you want to tell him when he already has got your letter and is still in search of you!!! Which means he clearly didn't understand your request.

So now decide! If you want to go back to your Daadu and tell him everything or runaway...' he said and I looked into his eyes. He held my hands in his and said