Chapter 24

VANSHIKA

Everyone kept looking at Karthik as Daadi offered coffee to myself, Rajveer and Karthik who was slightly uncomfortable with the way my family was staring at him.

'Stop staring everybody!!! It's not like Shika's brought a wild animal home!!!' Dev Daadu commented only for everyone to chuckle slightly and again go back to staring.

'Hmmm Shika...I am feeling so uncomfortable!!!' Tikki finally confessed and I smiled hesitantly whispering 'Sorry Tikki...I know my family is slightly mental. Please tolerate. I will tell them everything as soon as possible. Its just that...it's a little ummm-'

'Complicated?' he asked and I nodded with a hesitant smile. He nodded and took a sip of the coffee when Adi Jiju spoke up

'Seems like Shika was on a revenge trip!!! Her sister and I didn't invite her to our marriage so she also decided to not invite us!!! Try something original Saali Sahiba!!!' he tried to lighten the atmosphere by cracking a joke and honestly I was thankful because finally someone broke the ice. He and Dev Daadu atleast opened their mouth. Rest of them were only staring at us both.

'Guys!!! Stop it!!! They had been travelling...They need to freshen up. Shika...take Karthik to your room and join us for dinner. Only one person could stay with your dad and your adamant mother will be staying with him tonight. Atleast you guys freshen up!!! Go...' Kisha Daadi sent us both to my room.

I was slightly uncomfortable when Mr Khandelwal spoke up
'I will meet Mr Khanna tomorrow at the hospital. I don't think it's right for us to stay back here. Especially now that we know Vanshika is with someone else. Huhhh!!! All I can say is..she lost a gem. Anyways God bless the newly weds!!!' saying Rajveer's father walked out of the house dragging Rajveer along with him. Karthik fisted his hands when I grabbed his wrist stopping him from creating a scene. He clenched his jaw and took a deep breath.

Thank god he didn't react.

'So...you both were in a relationship and you didn't tell anyone?' Nikhil asked raising an eyebrow when Neiyat his sister tapped his shoulder saying

'Maybe there were scared naaaa...You see
Zaalim Duniya (Heartless world)...Dushman Samaajh (Social Hatred)' she announced dramatically to which her husband Aahir added

'Such a cheat you are Shiku!!! All your life you kept luring me saying you loooooove me and now that I got married you forgot our childhood love story? Badddd!!! Veryyyy bad!!!' and suddenly I saw Karthik's head snapping in my direction and before I could explain Aditya Jiju added

'But really!!! You could have just told us Shika!!! You scared the hell out of us!!! And then Rajveer!!! I know you both were in love but... he's heartbroken!!! Tch' he said and my sister Luv squeezed his shoulder.

I noticed Karthik's fisting hand and before he could react I grabbed his hand in mine and squeezed it tightly asking him to calm down only for Aaryan to tease us in a sing song voice

'Ohooooooooo looks like the newly weds can't keep away from each other!!! Damn it!!! If it was all about it...you could have asked me Shiku...I could have organized way better-' and before Aaryan could continue Neiyat pulled his ear making him cry in pain

'Aaaaaaahhhhh Neiiii!!! Sorryyyyyy my ear...Bhai...tell your wife!!!' and Aahir simply rolled his eyes saying

'Neiyat!!! Why are you doing it!!! Why don't you give him a few slaps...or wait...here take Dev Daadu's stick!!! Made of teak!!! Will peel the skin of him bum!!!' saying he gave her the stick only to make Aaryan run away from there.