Chapter 35

VANSHIKA

Life is a bed of roses until things go according to your plan but when in life nothing goes according to you the same bed of roses turns into bleeding thorns that prick your heart, make it bleed, prick your eyes, make you cry in pain, pricks your every single action, your thoughts, your decisions...

Decisions that destroyed yourself!!!

The night in his arms was beautiful until the next morning dawned upon me and I realised I was no longer a virgin. Until last night it was all like a beautiful novel, all rosy and romantic but this morning was nowhere near to a novel. It was scary.

No!!! It's not like I didn't love the man whom I slept with...but at the end of the day I was only Eighteen and it didn't look like any of those novel scenes where the female lead would blush and the male lead would tease and hug her. It was a harsh reality that I had unprotected sex with a man last night.

Veer kept consoling me saying it's fine and it was just us but I was still panicking like a little girl. Something inside me told me that I crossed my line and to add on was the message I received today morning from Luv saying

'Mom has been admitted to hospital. She hasn't been eating well since you left Shika. She has been fighting with herself. She has been cursing herself for how she fought with you that day and you also haven't been picking any of our calls and neither have you answered our messages. Last night Mumma had a panic attack and we admitted her to hospital. Her BP has shot up. I know your exams are starting soon but please come home if possible Shiku!!! Mumma needs you. Please!!!'

Luv's message made me feel even more guilty. Suddenly I started feeling so wrong about what I did...what I was going to do...but Veer cupped my cheeks saying we did nothing wrong and that we are going to get married soon so I must stop thinking about it.

But I was scared of so many things.

STD???

Unwanted teen pregnancy???

Oh my God!!! Am I ready to have a child??? I was so scared that I had almost locked myself up in the washroom for more than an hour. It's only when Veer knocked the door and shouted at me is when I left the washroom.

He made me have some fruit juice and some toast. Post which he kept a pill infront of me. I looked at him and then looked at the butterfly shaped pill which kind of looked wierd to my eyes.

Still munching onto the toast I asked him what it was and he said
'You were panicking so much. So I got you this after pill. You just have to take it within 72 hours of intercourse and boom problem solved!!!' He said and I looked at him. He had a small smile on his lips. I tried to replicate it but I couldn't. I was scared. I read the warnings on the box and that scared me more.

'Is this safe??? It says that there maybe some reac-' I asked him when he rolled his eyes saying

'Oh Come on Vansh!!! Don't act like you are the first girl popping it. There are so many girls who have had this!!! Nothing will happen!!!'

'But I was always sensitive to tablets. What if??? And then...it says that there is no guarantee that the pill would work...what if I??? I mean I...I even calculated...I was in my fertile period...what if I? I mean...I-' I was not able to put my thoughts together when he huffed saying

'Oh please!!! Stop it Vansh!!! This is a trusted brand and anyways I've got this pill to so many other girls in the-' and my eyes filled with tears. My throat felt clogged up as I stood up and started walking away when Veer grabbed my hand saying

'Heyyyyyy baby!!! I didn't mean that!!! It's just...Ughhh!!! Look...I wasn't a saint in the past and you know that too but henceforth it's only going to be you sweetheart...And trust me it's safe. Just...just have the pill. You'll be fine...You trust me na?' He asked cupping my face and I bit my lower lip. I nodded like a fool and simply popped the pill. I hated the after taste of it but I trusted Veer. He would never bring any harm to me.