Chapter 9

RAJVEER

'How could you dad? Just how could you??? I told you so many times that I don't want you to push it...then why did you?' I yelled at dad as we came back home. The announcement had left Vanshika shattered and I was ashamed.

I want her. Yes I want her as my life partner. I want to apologise to her, woo her, win her back but not like this. This wasn't how I wanted things to happen. I wanted to find my Vansh in Vanshika Khanna. She was missing. Those dead eyes hurt me from the depths of my soul recalling everything wrong that I did to her. I deserved punishment... cruel ones to be precise but she was not even willing to complain.

'Sunny!!! It was Mr Vansh Khanna. He observed your and Vanshika's proximity. He told me, he had never seen Vanshika ever with a guy. He felt there is a spark between you both and his father Mr Rony Khanna wanted this marriage to happen. Rony Sir seems to really admire you Sunny!!! He wanted your hand for Lavanya but when that didn't happen, he was more than happy when Vansh discussed Vanshika's hand for you. I couldn't deny...come on this was also mine and your secret desire!!!' dad said and I took a step aside and shrugged it off saying

'Dad!!! Please!!!'

'Sunny I know you like her!!! I have never seen you looking at a girl with those longing eyes!!!'

'Well dad that's not just how it looks...Dad it's....it's...'

'Attraction?? That's what you want to say right??? Fine then be it attraction but Sunny at least take a step ahead!!! I don't like seeing you like this...I don't know what the matter is? I have kept asking you all along... what is it? You weren't like this when you were young? My Sunny was all fun and jovial until I decided to send you all alone to India after your mother's death.

Okay...I may have made a decision in a hurry-burry but I wanted to protect you baby...I don't know what happened there but when you came back...you weren't yourself...I still regret sending you there.' dad said as I saw him remove his glasses and wipe his damp eyes. I huffed.

I slowly made him sit on the couch saying 'Dad please!!! Stop blaming yourself for my mistakes. I was a coward...a loser. I didn't want to leave my comfort and go elsewhere. I was too selfish to understand your concerns as a father. I was an idiot to have hurt my loved ones...I was an immature teen who did things that probably don't have forgiveness...'

'Sunny what are you saying?' and I suddenly realised I was about to blabber everything. Shit!!!

'Ummm I mean...I...I didn't value your emotions dad!!! I'm sorry for being so insensitive!!!' and dad smiled and cupped my cheek and pressed a kiss on my hair saying

'You are the best Sunny anyone can ever get. You did everything on your own baby from taking over my business to handling everything to expanding it three four times. Everyone says that RajVeer Khandelwal is way better than Dharamveer Khandelwal. What more does a father want Sunny. Don't blame yourself for your past. Everyone makes mistakes in their teenage years and then they grow up and own up to them. And look at you my boy...what a fine gentleman you have become!!! Vanshika is one lucky woman!!!' he said and suddenly I froze.

'Dad please... I told you...I will not do anything beyond her comfort. It is completely her decision. Just because I like her doesn't mean-' and Dad clapped saying

'Ohhhhhhhooooo so finally you admit!!! I knew it...I justttttt... knew it..I know my Sunny's choice!!! She's going to make a perfect Khandelwal daughter in law and a fantastic life partner Sunny!!! You both will rule the Khandelwal empire. You will rule the business world and she will rule you!!! Haha' he said and I blushed when dad pulled my cheeks