Chapter 4

RAJVEER

I was shocked that she had slapped me.

AGAIN...But I was not angry. Instead I was reminded of our first meeting when she had left a stinging slap on my cheek. She looked at me with disgust and without uttering a word she ran from there. Suddenly I remembered the moment when this same slap had sowed the bean of hatred in my chest. I wanted  to destroy her. I wanted to humiliate her the way she humiliated me. I was determined to destroy her.

But little did I know that I was bringing destruction upon myself.

She...was my destruction. Twelve years ago what happened... every minute, every second, every moment was fresh in my eyes. She ran downstairs and I kept looking at her slowly drifting towards the day I came to India for the first time after 12 big years.

I was 18 years old and dad had forcefully enrolled me into Modern High Group of Institutions at Somwarpet, Coorg. It was one of the best boarding institutions in the country but also extremely safe as it was in a remote location and dad's men could keep a close eye on me. But little did I know that my flirtatious eyes would fall on a certain someone and I would end up screwing her life forever.

My eyes closed as everything rolled like a camera reel in front of my eyes

✨✨✨
12 years ago...

'But I don't want to go there dad!!! Unknown place, unknown city...wait wait...is it even a city in the first place...Google says it's some village-like hill station area... Dad I don't even know if there's going to be a pizza delivery there!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!' I yelled when dad sat next to me and circled his arm around me and said

'Look Sunny...you know what the sheriff said right? It's an attempted murder. It's only because the glass of your car was bullet proof you survived this. They could have killed you baby!!! Please try to understand these are dangerous people.' dad said when I was so damn pissed. Why should I sacrifice my independence for dad's rivals.

'Dad!!! If they are that dangerous then give them the money. We have so much money, all this property, such a vast business... how does it matter if you are paying a ransom to save me from them?' I asked him. I was irritated. I didn't want to leave.

'Sunny please understand it's not about what we can afford and what we cannot. If we are rich or poor.... It's about the ethics and values we hold. I don't want my hard earned money used in the blood business. These men make drugs, supply them to youth and not just that...they even kill people. I'm sorry Sunny...but my money won't be invested into destroying lives!!!' and I was annoyed. Him and his ideologies.

'So you are telling me...you are okay to sacrifice my future and my life...you want me to compromise my confort just because you think this is safe!!! I won't dad!!!'

'You don't have a choice Sunny!!! I fund your education and your pocket money.'

'Dad my education...my future will be DESTROYED!!! It's my last year in high school. My friends...my buddies...you can't ask me to leave everything to attend some school in your country ' I yelled

'Its your country as well Sunny!!! Don't forget you are still an Indian!!!'

'Dad you can't force me to do this!!! I won't go to India...I WON'T ' saying I kicked the table and ran upstairs.