Chapter 36

Note: Self harm is never a solution to any problem. Every problem has a solution. Face it fight it. Don't run away from it.

The chapter contains a topic of self harm. Kindly skip it if it makes you uncomfortable. I would never support something like this. I am strictly against it. With this chapter I condemn such actions strictly.

VANSHIKA

Flashback ends...

The moment I said all that I realised I was sitting helplessly on the staircase with non stop tears rolling down my cheeks. Karthik stood in the corner silently. He knows everything but everytime I go back to my past his anger multiplies. I could see him staring at Rajveer with immense hatred and anger. He stood there digging his fingers into the skin of his palms.

All my family members were looking at me with tears in their eyes. Luv hugged Adi Jiju and broke down like a child, my mother sat there helplessly looking towards the roof, my grandfather looked angry and in pain at the same time. Everybody else was sitting silently when suddenly we heard a loud slap echoing in the room.

And then followed by another...

And another...

Another....

Again...

And again.

Until Rajveer literally collapsed on the floor.

I was shocked. I did not expect Mr Khandelwal to do this out of everyone.

'So this is the reason you came running home? And I thought you missed me!!!

This was the reason you had a transformation? I thought my child matured but no...it was the guilt. You destroyed a girl's life Rajveer!!! Do you see what you did? I...I heard from Acchaih about your ways with girls but I never knew that my son wasn't just a womaniser, he was also a bloody manipulative asshole, a hypocrite who could destroy a girl's life to this extent for what??? Ego??? From where do eighteen ninteen year old boys get that massive ego huhh???

Everything you do is thanks to your parents...from the sunglasses you wear to the underwear!!! Nothing...you didn't earn anything!!! You were given each and everything because you were born to us and not because you earned it!!! No you didn't!!! And after all this that you have been showered upon because you were born to us, you go around spoiling other people's lives...how dare you Rajveer Khandelwal???' Saying his father picked his walking stick and started beating him nonstop. A well built Rajveer stood silently taking all those beatings from his father. A drop of tear fell from his eye as he looked at me.

The next minute he walked towards me and kneeled down infront of me saying
'I know I did wrong to you Vansh. I left you and ran away like a coward but I swear on my father I didn't know anything about the video. I ran away because I was scared of what I did to you. I wanted you to not write your exams. I wanted you to regret each and every slap that you hit me but...I was no longer liking it Vansh...I had started to fall in lov-' and before he completed that statement I slapped him too.

'Dont!!! Just don't!!! People who love don't hurt Veer. Don't betray. You were blinded by your ego. You wanted to win a bloody bet na? You bet my future for satisfying your ego and you ran away from there like a coward and now you are justifying how right and wrong you were?

No one saw your face in that video Rajveer!!! But I...I was the new slut in town!!!'

'Vansh please...'

'No!!! No!!! You ran away na? You didn't know what I went through...You think you weren't responsible for it. But you were Rajveer Khandelwal!!! You are!!!' I said recalling the worst phase of my life.