Chapter 10

RAJVEER

I kept waiting for her to arrive while Aaryan kept taking my measurements. I could hear both Adi and Aaryan giggling looking at my desperate self still staring at the door, waiting for her.

That's when I heard dad singing

'Aayegaaa Aayegaaaa Aanewala Aayegaaaa!!!'

And everyone burst out laughing while I shot dad a look raising an eyebrow only for Adi to give a high five to my dad. Aaryan here ideally was the youngest person age wise however my dad was mentally still a teenager. I rolled my eyes when Adi patted my back saying

'Relax Loverboy!!! We know you are desperate to meet my Saali Saheba (sister in law) but please control!!! You are going to get engaged to her in another...hmmm 32 hours precisely...so I think you can maybe control your hormones!!!' he said and I narrowed my eyebrows while Aaryan said

'And come on Jiju..It's not like Shikha is going to jump your bones immediately. That girl has such a terrible sex life that I don't know if she ever knows what goes where? I mean you'll have so much to do!!! Uffff ' he said only for Adi to slap the back of his head and say

'Ranisa is so right!!! You are a gutter mouth!!! At least look around Aaryan!!!' he said pointing out at Dad when my dad chuckled saying

'Relax kids!!! And Aaryan don't worry...if your Shikha has zero knowledge about things...then here..meet my son!!! I don't even know if he knows how to talk to a woman. I mean thanks to Vansh and me...we both caught them staring at each other like owls if not trust me these both were impossible especially at the rate they are going. Can you imagine they haven't spoken properly. Not even once!!! Gosh my dreams of seeing my grandchildren seem far fetched!!!' he said only for Aaryan to giggle again and I scowl and shot a stinky eye at dad.

Just then Adi saw his phone which pinged and he said 'Well they are here!!!' and my heart was beating in my mouth.

I was desperate to meet her. I wanted to talk to her but to my bad luck she was accompanied by all her cousins and old ladies and my last hope of talking to her was sinking. However thanks to Lavanya ji I got a moment with her. She was about to go to try her lehenga when I got into the changing room only for her to freak out.

'What the hell-'

'Vansh please...I have to talk to you...just please listen to me!!!' but she shrugged away my hands holding her shoulder and said

'I dont want to hear anything Mr Rajveer!!! I have heard, seen and tolerated enough. This is my grandfather's wish and I'm doing it!!!'

'Vansh please...just listen to me...look whatever happened in the pas-'

'I dont want to hear a word Mr RajVeer -'

'Stop calling me that!! I'm your Veer!!!'

'You are no one to me!!! Got it? I ju-' and just when she was about to speak further we heard Aahir's wife Neiyat shouting

'Ohhhh love birds... enough of your dirty sneak in sessions!!! Come out!!! Kisha Dadi is going to smack your heads!!! Out out..all this koochi poo can happen tomorrow!!! Out now!!!' she said when we heard the Bela Daadi and Ishu Daadi as well and without a go we stepped out. She immediately got away from there while everyone kept teasing me.

Then I never got an opportunity to talk to her. Her eyes though still looked dead. When everyone was about to leave, I saw her going with Neiyat to the parking area and I followed her. I saw her speaking to someone on the phone call. She looked worried and tensed. The moment she saw me she started running towards Neiyat that's when I grabbed onto her waist and pulled her closer, she crashed into my chest. Her lips parted and instead of love or emotions I saw fear in her eyes. All the confidence that I gathered to talk to her flew outside the window and I let go of her. She left immediately.