Chapter 8

RAJVEER

Present Time...

'Aunty... could you please take this Thali (plate) along with these flowers please...and oh ya please make sure my both Ranasa (king) and Ranisa (queen) have eaten the fruits and milk. They both would be fasting until the coronation ceremony today and we don't want them starving!!!' she said with a smile to the royal help who nodded saying 'Jo Hukum (As ordered)' and she left but my eyes couldn't stop looking at the lady in front of me.

Today when her sister is going to be announced as the queen of this palace, these people...even today she was dressed up in a simple cotton saree, a pair of silver jhumkas and her long thick hair tied in a bun. How simple yet how beautiful. That's when suddenly her eyes fell on me and I noticed how she ignored me. It's like we never had the conversation, I didn't talk to her last night and neither did she know me a bit. It's like she never slapped me.

Honestly I did not even regret the slap. I was glad that at least there was some reaction from her end. Atleast she hates me. It was better than the ignorance I felt from her end.

I was still in my thoughts when I heard dad sing

'Mud Mud ke na Dekh Mud Mud Ke!!!
Mud Mud ke na Dekh Mud Mud Ke!!!'

And I rolled my eyes and shot him a look when dad giggled and suddenly Vanshika left the garden area walking into the palace when dad said

'Hmmmm looks like my boy has finally found my daughter in law!!!'

'Daddd please!!! There is nothing like that' I tried convincing him when he giggled saying 'I saw you Mr Rajveer Khandelwal!!! I have seen you staring at her from a long time. Hmmmm no escaping...tell me...you like her don't you? Ever since you have seen her you have been staring at that girl like an owl. I have found out everything about her. She is single and after Lavanya's marriage her family Vansh and Malvika Khanna are looking for a proposal for her and I think you both would just look picture perfect!!! Tell me Sunny...shall I go ahead and talk to Dev?' he said and I was shocked

'Dad please!!! Stop it!!! I told you...there is nothing like that and even if there is something I'm sure she is not going to agree!!!' I said when dad narrowed his eyebrows saying

'Only a blind girl would reject you. You are 6ft 1 inch tall, handsome, well built, richer than the Suryavanshis and the only heir of the Khandelwal empire...why would anyone reject you?' dad said and I looked elsewhere.

I wish I could explain it to you dad!!! Your son is the last person that woman would say yes to!!! Even if she's the only one he wants, begs, prays and desires.

'Shall I talk to-'

'Dad please!!! Stop!!! You really need to stop pushing me. I....I would say yes when I want to...I would also tell you whom I would want to marry but till then please...' I tried telling him when he said

'Sunny I'm worried about you. It's not just about getting you married, it's about finding a girl who can be the perfect fit for the Khandelwal household unlike your mother. She never understood my love for her. She went with the man she loved leaving me with divorce papers and my little Rajveer...I don't want your life to screw up like that baby...I want the best girl for you. Your lifestyle worries me. Look at Aditya... he's just a year or more elderly to you and he's married...why can't you Sunny?'