Chapter 3

RAJVEER

I couldn't take my eyes off her beautiful face...she looked like a moon goddess that came down only to bestow her magic upon me. But she looked hesitant. She tried to walk away but I don't know how my grip on her waist tightened and she froze. Her lips quivered and suddenly I realised that I was making her uncomfortable. I slowly let go of her waist and took a step back and cleared my throat. She was looking here and there when I whispered

'Are you alright?' but she didn't utter a word. Suddenly our privacy was hampered by someone coughing rigorously and we turned around and saw Aditya and Lavanya ji standing at a distance and passing us creepy smiles.

'Look at this my darling butterfly...I thought my best buddy was here to help us meet each other... but now I think someone had their own selfish motives!!! What are your intentions with my one and only sister in law? Hmmm?' Aditya asked only for Lavanya ji to slap his forearm and my lips to part as I looked back at Vanshika asking

'Sis...Sister in...law???' I was shocked when Aditya said 'Ofcourse the one and the only Vanshika Khanna!!! Lavanya's twin!!!' and my eyes were ready to pop out. What the hell??? She's a Khanna??? As in Vansh Khanna's daughter??? My head was spinning now. I looked at her when she was looking really uncomfortable.

'Ex... Excuse me everyone!!!' saying she started walking away from there when I was still digesting this information?

I wanted to stop her but she ran away and her anklets kept making loud tingling noises that kind of increased my heartbeats. I pushed my hair falling on my forehead a little back combing it with my fingers still trying to swallow this information.

'Shika...Rukkkk (stay)' Lavanya ji excused herself and started walking behind her when Aditya grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his arms saying 'Dont go Ranisa!!! I miss you already!!!' while Lavanya ji blushed saying 'Just the matter of a few more hours Ranasa...Till then Dheeraj Dharo (have some patience). I smiled looking at them both. They were smitten by each other. He kissed her forehead and she left by waving a bye to me as well and in no time I saw her running behind Vanshika.

They are sisters?
She is Vanshika Vansh Khanna. Wow!!!
Then why didn't she ever tell that to anyone?

Wait a minute. I don't have the right to ask that question when I myself was registered as Veer K instead of Rajveer Khandelwal. But mine was for safety reasons. Dad even enrolled me into Modern Group of Institutions, Coorg only because of the threat calls that happened after dad denied funding those mafia organizations who threatened dad but dad was firm, he would never get into anything life risking and illegal.

He knew I was still coping up with Mom's death and although she wasn't his wife and she was never the perfect mother for me but she still was the only mother figure I had in my life. He requested for my identity to be kept under the wraps specially after there was an attempted shootout on my car back in the US. But she...what were her reasons to hide that she belonged to such an influential family? I remember she was been bullied for being from a middle class family as well. However not once did she attempt to correct anyone of us.

'If you are done day dreaming about my Sali Sahiba (sister in law) can we go back to our room please? You see I'm going to get married in a few hours...so you know
..I need rest!!!' Aditya whispered and I shot him a look saying

'I wasn't staring!!!'

'Suuuuuure!!! And I'm the Prime Minister of India!!!' he taunted and we left. However I couldn't sleep a wink. My eyes yearned to see her again. I wanted to talk to her. Ask her how is she? I wanted to apologize for what I did. I wanted to explain her how immature I was to hurt her back then. I didn't know if she would forgive me but this guilt that I was carrying all along would feel better. So I decided that tomorrow at the wedding I will talk to her.