Chapter 25

VANSHIKA

His eyes kept roaming all over my face making me feel nervous and timid yet those silly stupid butterflies in my stomach were asking for more. My lips quivered nervously and his lips parted. His hands automatically wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to his lean body. My knees went jelly as our bodies were pressed tightly against each other making me gasp his name softly...

'Karthik..' I whispered and before I could utter another word he said in his hoarse, low yet sexy voice.

'Shika...I....can't!!!'

And before I could understand what happened his face settled in between my hair that was spread open, flying like crazy thanks to the madly blowing winds. I was almost breathless when his lips pressed against the base of my neck and a meek inaudible moan left my throat. My body was on fire. My cheeks heated up and I was suddenly so turned on.

But seemed to have lost it all. His lips started showing soft butterfly kisses all over my neck. Soft and gentle...just like his personality. His hands slowly caressed my waist and his lips reached my shoulders as he left a warm kiss on my shoulder and I circled my arms around his neck encouraging him to continue his actions.

Suddenly it felt like the room temperature raised and there was no one around us. This felt like we were continuing what we had begun in that jungle...in that cottage. It felt like so many unspoken, unsaid emotions were coming alive. I bit my lower lip as I couldn't control my hormones that were riding high. I pushed him against the wall and pressed my body against him.

My hands did what they craved since that night. I lifted his loose hanging tshirt raising it high and he moaned sexily as I started showering kisses on his chest and stomach making him shiver and next second he cupped my face just like he always does.

It's just that tonight those eyes were filled with a different emotion. Probably the same that my eyes were reflecting. He slowly brought his face closer to mine as he whispered

'I can't stop myself anymore Shika!!! I cannot!!!' and like a candle who melted just being closer to fire being lit...I melted in his arms whispering

'Who has asked you to!!!'

And the next moment his lips pressed against-

Thuddddddd

'Shika???All okay??? What happened??? You couldn't close the window?' and the next second I turned around.

I was still standing near the window. All alone. Karthik was still lying down on the bed with a confused expression. Suddenly everything felt so incomplete. So empty. My heart felt heavy. A weird feeling occupied my chest.

'Shika??? Are the locks jammed or something?' he asked and I still couldn't answer him anything. I couldn't face him either.

I shook my head lightly as I turned around trying to close the windows.
The winds had now also brought the slight drizzle. It was raining. Bangalore and its unpredictable weather.

My heart was thudding loudly as I was trying to come to existence with the feelings bubbling inside me. I didn't know if this was right or wrong. I simply rushed to the washroom as I couldn't manage to face Karthik.

The moment I entered the washroom I shut the doors and locked myself only to collapse weakly on the floor. My silent tears kept flowing.

For what??? I didn't know. My fingers touched the nuptial chain residing on my chest.

Daiva's blessing still echoed in my ear. I still couldn't forget the way Karthik made me wear this. I didn't know if this had any meaning for him but for me it meant the world. He kept addressing me as his wife amongst his family but in reality we weren't married. Yet we were married. At least I was married to him. I didn't know if this meant anything to him but for me this is as pure as holy water.