30. Jungkook

I wanted to talk to her in the car, because it's usually the most comfortable place, but now that I drive I can barely move my arms. I should have not put myself in a situation when I'm alone with my sister. It still sounds ridiculous, and it probably always will.

I can't imagine getting used to this, but I also can't imagine forgetting she exists now. You don't just forget shit like this.

"Do you drive?" I ask, heading to one of the old racing tracks. I know she does. Grandma has told me a lot, but I want to hear it from her.

"Yeah," she says. "I don't have a license, though."

"You don't need a license now."

When I stop at the starting line, I keep the car on and leave my seat. I open her door, because she's not getting out.

"Come on," I say. "This is one of our old tracks. Have a round."

We switch seats. It takes her a minute to adjust the seat and get familiar.

"God, I've never driven a car like that," she says. And I observe. I feel like I need a lot of observation. I need to be more open-minded. "The best I've had for a race was Toyota Supra from 1994."

"No." I gasp. This deserves a pause in my observations.

"And it was orange. I won with some old guy in Tokyo."

"What happened to the car?"

"Wasn't mine," she says. "I've never had a car. I had to give the keys back to the owner. But I won ten grand."

"Ten grand? What sort of race was that?"

"2 Fast 2 Furious first race. This sort of shit. Everyone put in three and a half thousand after some negotiations."

"You often do that? Themed races?" We should do that. It sounds cooler than whatever we've done so far.

"That was the only one," she says. "And the best one."

"Okay," I say. Themed races later. "Show me how you drive."

"I don't know the track."

"You never know the track before you go into it. Go with the flow."

"What if I crash it?"

"I'll fix it. This car has seen the worst, don't worry about it." Though I'd rather not have to do it. This car barely left the garage two weeks ago.

My biggest observation is that she doesn't sound like my parents' creation. She doesn't look like it and she doesn't act like it.

And she doesn't fucking drive like my parents' creation. Our parents. Fuck, I still forget.

I try not to, but halfway through the track I just widen my eyes, and it stays like that until we cross the finish line.

"What the actual fuck?" I ask when she stops the car. And she looks unfazed. That's interesting.

"What?"

"That... that was good."

"Really?"

"Really? What the hell? You'd win a race with Taehyung."

Her eyes widen now and for a moment we just stare at each other.

I still can't comprehend she's my sister, but she's more... approachable now, I guess.

We get out of the car. There's not much around. I lean against the car, she sits on a curb of the pavement. It's just pavement, no buildings around. Not much to set the attention on, and therefore, not much to use as a delay.