epilogue 04

Jungkook & Yeeun

Jungkook

"How can you break a leg... two weeks before the race?" Wooshik asks.

He's standing with Yeeun in front of the couch, where Taehyung sits with a cast on his leg. I've already processed this. I've been with him ever since it happened at work this morning. The car jack broke in an unfortunate moment, and he's got a broken foot.

Taehyung has also processed this by now. "I don't have control over unfortunate accidents," he says. "Can someone get me food now? I've been stuck at the hospital for way too long."

"I'll order," I say. "What do you want?"

"Since when do you ask what I want to eat? And why haven't you figured it out telepathically?"

"It's the hospital smells. They ate away my brain."

"Fries. Something with fries. Anything."

"On it."

Wooshik and Yeeun are still in the same spot, processing. In two weeks, we're going to Tokyo for our second Japan Race. Now, without Taehyung, our team lacks a member.

"Why are you not stressed at all?" Yeeun asks him.

"I don't want to win anyways." Taehyung chuckles. "It's not my last Japan Race, either. I'll be back in the game next year. Unless I break an arm, or something."

"Imagine winning with a broken arm," I chime in. "You'd be a legend."

The doorbell rings. Yeeun, with a sigh, leaves to open.

"Who am I supposed to take in your place?" Wooshik asks.

"I don't know, Hoseok? He's good. Or Sue. I bet Sue would enjoy it."

From the fuss at the door, Yeeun walks back to the room with Sunhee next to her. Right, we're supposed to go to Daegu today to get her a new car. I found a nice deal, better than the last car I got for her and better than the last car she won.

For a while now, she's been working with uncle three days a week and with us four days a week. Today she was at the store.

"I told you," she says, pointing at the cast. "You're luckier when I'm around."

Taehyung clicks his tongue. "I might believe it, after all."

I'm about to jump onto the topic of her new car, but Wooshik speaks first.

"I am having a genius idea right now," he says, looking at Sunhee. "Do you wanna be in my team?"

I can't believe I didn't think about it earlier.

"Your team?" she asks, frowning.

"The Japan Race." He smiles. "Taehyung can't go in with the foot. I need one more person for the team."

"That truly is a genius idea," Yeeun says, smiling too.

Sunhee, jaw on the floor, looks at me.

"What?" I chuckle.

"Are you all serious?"

"I am very serious," Wooshik says. "Look, it would be cool. You're on Taehyung's level. You can easily get to the last race."

"Hold up," Sunhee says, lifting her hands. "Hold up, for real. It's already a lot going into it. What are you talking about with the last race?"

"You know what we could do next year?" Yeeun says. "We could get one more spot, for another team. One of them could be the three of you, plus one more person. The other one would be me, Sunhee, and two other girls." She throws an arm around Sunhee. "What do you think about it?"