46. Yeeun

"I have to go, I have a race in half an hour."

Park Jimin pulls me back into Yoongi's hideout. He's like a goddamn kid. "Five more minutes, I swear. Five minutes and you can go. Just... just five more minutes."

"It's my race. I can't be late to my race!"

"Five minutes!"

Yoongi steps in, holding both mine and Jimin's arms, and pulls us apart. He glares at Jimin. "Don't overwork her. She's been here for five hours already. It's not her job."

Jimin fumbles with words for a moment, before quickly gaining composure. "Right. I might be a little bit overly excited. You can go. Have fun at your race."

I huff a laugh. "Don't worry, Park Jimin. I'll be back tomorrow."

Yoongi smiles at me. "Good job today. We might finalize it within the next two weeks."

We do the handshake – because now we have one – and I walk out of the hideout, get into the car and drive. Working with Yoongi on Jungkook's and Taehyung's fathers cases is fun, and important, but not as important to me as my race. Each one is a highlight of my life nowadays.

I drive into the underground parking lot a minute before the set time. I put lip gloss on, adjust the pink pin on my hair and get out.

I find my group of girls fast. Half of them are wearing heels.

"What are we doing tonight?" Eunbin asks. People have noticed me, and they're starting to turn our way, ready to try to get into a race. I have yet to find my boys.

"Let's do the usual," I say. "Two of you, two other girls that want to race. Get someone young. For encouragement."

"We've got a problem, though," Sunhee says.

"What problem?"

Subtly, she points to the right. I spot them immediately. A bunch of guys, talking to each other, but clearly plotting something against us, because they keep pointing here.

"That's not a problem." I chuckle. "That's a slight inconvenience."

"Do you have a gun?" she asks, smiling playfully.

"They know I do," I say, sending a quick text to Jungkook. That I'm here and that I'm with the girls.

It's not that I can't deal with some insecure guys that don't like women racing. I can, and I don't need Jungkook to fight that for me. Sometimes, though, I feel safer when he's around. Not even when he steps in, but when he's there.

We have a set of four girls to race. "Okay. Three or four million won? How much do you wanna bet?"

One of them – Chaeryeong – hands me a roll of money. "I'm betting four."

"Four it is," says Sunhee, doing the same. Sana and Bom follow.

I'm counting the money, about to say we can get ready, when Sunhee clears her throat. "They're coming."

"The bad boys?" I ask, not looking up from the bills.

"Yeah."

"Nice. Let's have fun before we start."

I turn their way. The girls are behind me. Some of them are truly intimidating. Eunbin has picked up gym a few months ago, and now she prioritizes sleeveless shirts to show off her biceps.

I might be strong and carry a gun, but at first no one's scared of my baby blue skirt and heels with crystal clear butterflies on the front.

"How can I help you?" I ask. "Before you say something, please think about the fact that you came willingly to the race I organized. Unless you only came to talk shit." I put all the bills together and hold them with a rubber band I always keep in my pocket.